Other Account Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
See attached. Anyone else getting this? My wife got it this morning.

https://apple.news/AjTWIr8xITPGrUeNPlP3gnQ 9 to 5 Mac has a sparse article on it. Just surprised no mention of it by users here yet.
YES! Woke up this am to this message! Was going to start a post but did not see others so I thought it was just me. Had to jump the the hoops and change my password after much verification.

Wondering why all or a sudden we are having this happen.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two

https://apple.news/AjTWIr8xITPGrUeNPlP3gnQ 9 to 5 Mac has a sparse article on it. Just surprised no mention of it by users here yet.
I had that happen to my wife's account a couple of years ago when I was trying to do something on her phone. I entered her Apple ID password wrong too many times and the account locked.

Not experiencing anything like that at this time though.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I had that happen to my wife's account a couple of years ago when I was trying to do something on her phone. I entered her Apple ID password wrong too many times and the account locked.

Not experiencing anything like that at this time though.
I can see if one enters the wrong password multiple times. But I have had the same password for a few years and just woke up to this in the morning. It could be that Apple thinks I should be changing my password more often, who knows.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I can see if one enters the wrong password multiple times. But I have had the same password for a few years and just woke up to this in the morning. It could be that Apple thinks I should be changing my password more often, who knows.
If this happens to me, it's going to be a big headache. I have four iPhones, one iPad and a MBP all tied in to my Apple ID. :(

Reactions: Newtons Apple

mizzourah

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO

My wife and I both got it this morning, but no apple users at work got it - was wondering - it's adding 'face time on new...watch, ipad, etc.', again - almost like I got a new device.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My wife and I both got it this morning, but no apple users at work got it - was wondering - it's adding 'face time on new...watch, ipad, etc.', again - almost like I got a new device.
Not sure what caused it. I just added a MAX when it came out and more recently a new iPad 11”. Never had this happen to me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.