Acer, Sony and Fujitsu announce Penryn laptops.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by timestamp, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Don't worry, Apple will upgrade the systems.....

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think the earliest will be MWSF, otherwise it will probably be a silent update a few weeks after.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

4. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

So I guess you posted this link right?

There sure are a lot of folks taking the position of search czar these days. :rolleyes:

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

No, but there are a lot of people taking the position of "I'm too good to search and people will answer my questions wether they've been posted before or not just because I asked the question and I deserve an answer since searching for an older post could possibly take five seconds more than typing out a question that's been answered hundreds of times before" czar.

6. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

This "question" is accompanied by a link which talks about multiple companies having their Penryn laptops ready. I will change my title as to avoid posts like this, as what I am giving is new information.

7. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Well, to answer your "question". The "other guys" have no sense of show and just announce new products willy-nilly. Apple, on the other hand, likes to build up to things, releasing them at special events like the upcoming MacWorld San Francisco.

8. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

I am sure they will be a few months behind as with the other releases.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

You're not giving new information.

Who said that Apple doesn't have Penryn laptops ready?

Other companies are not selling these laptops yet, they just released future specs. This puts Apple at NO disadvantage.

So other companies play the game differently than Apple... We've known this for a long time. They can go lose money now for a while as people don't buy laptops as they wait for what's coming. We know that a Penryn computer will come from Cupertino soon. If you would have searched, this would have been obvious and would not have appeared to have any need for reiteration.

They've never been a few months behind. Maybe a few weeks... But that hasn't really hurt them, has it? The companies that you mentioned are still selling computers with Pentium processors for high prices... That's where I see technology companies being behind. You do realize that Penryn hasn't even become publicly available yet, right? Just because they realize specs before it comes out doesn't mean that Apple is behind...

10. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Not always. When the new iMacs were released the 2.8 Extreme processor hadn't even been officially released by Intel yet.

11. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

Where did I say Apple is at a disadvantage? Seems you are getting all heated for no reason. I am simply saying that other companies have announced their Penryn notebooks. And I provided a link.

Do you really think I need to search to post a link with new information about companies announcing notebooks? Do you really think I don't know what is going on? Do you think I care about the majority of the misinformed lemmings on these boards who get themselves riled up only to be let down?

Calm down little fanboy. I posted information that is relevant to those waiting. Furthermore, the link includes specs and pricing which could give us an idea of what to expect. But of course you read the link and knew this I am sure.

Again, I don't know why you are having a hissy fit. The chips aren't available yet, they aren't til the 6th. But of course the mention of that is based on the fact that you think I am saying Apple is at some sort of disadvantage.

And Apple has thus far with the Intel switch been well behind the rest of the pack. Maybe it is because they wait for the "big events" which set them apart from the rest. :rolleyes:

Take a chill pill. I don't need to search to post new topics, especially topics which offer new information. I see a "buy now or wait" thread a little ways down, I don't see you telling that person to search. :rolleyes: In fact you posted in it without saying it! Sounds like someone is slacking on the job.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm using information that you typed before you deleted it. Don't think that I didn't read it, because I did. Too bad, it's over. Everything that I alluded to in my last post came from your first post, BEFORE you edited it.

And don't call me a fanboy. I service Windows computers for a career and I love it. I only switched because Vista sucks and because I got a mac for free from my company with better hardware than the PC that they offered. If I was a fanboy, I would be walking around in Apple t-shirts every day and trying to convert the White House to OS X. In fact, I'm typing this post in Windows. If I'm a fanboy, I sure want to know what you would call some of those kids on youtube...

13. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Gee Whiz, Take it easy Mr. Defensive let's not start WW III who cares they are just computers.

14. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Ignore the search czars. They've nothing better to do.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Trust me, there are worse things that one could say. And when people can't see new posts because the forum is filled with things that get repeated over and over again, I would imagine that it is seen as annoying.

16. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

same can be said about people who create dupe threads. They're too lazy.

some of the ones that I'd like to mention:
    -"Matte vs. Glossy"
    -"Macbook vs. MBP"
    -What non-Apple RAM works best
    -Should I buy now??
    -and more.

17. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

It isn't going to stop. Give up while you are on top.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not really doing anything except stating the obvious. You're the one that keeps coming back looking for more.

19. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean you are reposting the same thing!!! :eek: The same obvious things everyone says over and over again! No wai!

20. aethelbert macrumors 601

Uhh, yeah. Not really. If you wanted to leave the issue alone, you would have stopped responding a long time ago. I restate thing over and over in response to you doing the same. Something tells me that you're gonna reply with some more nonsense. Go ahead, nobody really cares anymore.

21. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

Yes! Being late on the technology curve is great market sense

22. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Hmm... you mean to say the other companies are more transparent and honest and less capable of guile as Apple? Yeap, I agree.

23. timestamp thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems you are the one fishing for the last word. As I said, give it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.