Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
It seems you are the one fishing for the last word. As I said, give it up.
I'm doing what I've done since you've started this thread... replying. When you start a thread, people reply. If you don't like the idea. maybe you shouldn't be a member on forums.

All I did was tell you to search. If you didn't like the way that I presented it, too bad. I said it in the same way that you said something else only adding some humor (which was obviously picked up by some) and you tried to tell us that this is new information (which it isn't).

Then when some new member asks a very broad question and I ask for details about his situation, you tell me to go search for details. It's almost like you were stalking me just waiting to respond to my next post by telling me to search. It apparently didn't matter to you what the post was about or what the situation was, but you just wanted me to search for something that nobody knew and didn't exist at the time.

When you insult people that are trying to help the forum stay clean of repeated posts and productive, someone is gonna hit you back. That's exactly what I did and you couldn't take the hit. Too bad. Game over for now. Move on. Use the search feature in the future.

timestamp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I'm doing what I've done since you've started this thread... replying. When you start a thread, people reply. If you don't like the idea. maybe you shouldn't be a member on forums.

All I did was tell you to search. If you didn't like the way that I presented it, too bad. I said it in the same way that you said something else only adding some humor (which was obviously picked up by some) and you tried to tell us that this is new information (which it isn't).

Then when some new member asks a very broad question and I ask for details about his situation, you tell me to go search for details. It's almost like you were stalking me just waiting to respond to my next post by telling me to search. It apparently didn't matter to you what the post was about or what the situation was, but you just wanted me to search for something that nobody knew and didn't exist at the time.

When you insult people that are trying to help the forum stay clean of repeated posts and productive, someone is gonna hit you back. That's exactly what I did and you couldn't take the hit. Too bad. Game over for now. Move on. Use the search feature in the future.

Oh the classic reply, "if you don't like it, leave." Quite nice. But completely off topic. Nice finish to your idiotic ramblings though.

What shall I search for? Penryn threads? Waiting threads? What is Penryn threads? Where exactly does this fit? Furthermore, how is the announcement of Penryn laptops pulled from Engadget within 15 minutes of its posting not new information? Did you travel into the future and post it? I didn't think so. If it isn't new information, I challenge you to show me where it was posted on these forums. Thanks.

In regards to the numerous threads which are repeated multiple times, daily no less. Was I stalking? No. I was merely attempting to see if you were just being a jerk as I questioned Apples ability to stay on top of the "game," thus seemingly hurting your fanboy spirit. In threads titled, "Should I wait," you post no such suggestion of searching. Why is that? My point here is that if you are going to judge a thread based on its title, like my original, and take upon yourself to be the search police extend that same uselessness in the threads that are actually identical to others. Now, if you want to judge based on content (which you flip to in defense for the others threads), then it is clear that my information is not a repeat.

What I found odd about the thread I replied in, the "Matte or Glossy," is that you didn't tell the poster to search. Any answer that poster could have ever needed based on intended use existed in the forums. Why is it that you didn't tell him to search for this obvious repost? Was is the title that made it ok? Well no, that seems to be a common title (as a user in that thread pointed out). Or maybe the content? Well there wasn't much there, and the user never made it clear if he was attempting to make a decision based on forum opinions in the matter. It was effectively a "poll." Yet you neglected your duty. Please tell me why my thread, which regardless of the original title did not require me to search as what I was posting was new information, demanded your immediate search police attention while the other obvious threads committing this wrong on the community does not?

You clearly have no qualification for your action in the case of my thread. I even changed the title for you, yet you still continue to post ridiculous comments in an attempt to look superior. As I have pointed out your "community cleaning effort," is a ridiculous guise for you to hide behind. As the posts which are clearly repeats are not offered your wonderful skills. And to suggest I can't handle it, good job I say. You not only have the basic skill set of telling people to search, no, you also have the ability to tell me how I am feeling, and further, trying to make me look small on a forum. There are awards for this, once I find them I will make a new thread and award them to you. But don't worry I will search first, as I am sure someone has probably granted them to you already.

Cheers.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Oh the classic reply, "if you don't like it, leave." Quite nice. But completely off topic. Nice finish to your idiotic ramblings though.

What shall I search for? Penryn threads? Waiting threads? What is Penryn threads? Where exactly does this fit? Furthermore, how is the announcement of Penryn laptops pulled from Engadget within 15 minutes of its posting not new information? Did you travel into the future and post it? I didn't think so. If it isn't new information, I challenge you to show me where it was posted on these forums. Thanks.

In regards to the numerous threads which are repeated multiple times, daily no less. Was I stalking? No. I was merely attempting to see if you were just being a jerk as I questioned Apples ability to stay on top of the "game," thus seemingly hurting your fanboy spirit. In threads titled, "Should I wait," you post no such suggestion of searching. Why is that? My point here is that if you are going to judge a thread based on its title, like my original, and take upon yourself to be the search police extend that same uselessness in the threads that are actually identical to others. Now, if you want to judge based on content (which you flip to in defense for the others threads), then it is clear that my information is not a repeat.

What I found odd about the thread I replied in, the "Matte or Glossy," is that you didn't tell the poster to search. Any answer that poster could have ever needed based on intended use existed in the forums. Why is it that you didn't tell him to search for this obvious repost? Was is the title that made it ok? Well no, that seems to be a common title (as a user in that thread pointed out). Or maybe the content? Well there wasn't much there, and the user never made it clear if he was attempting to make a decision based on forum opinions in the matter. It was effectively a "poll." Yet you neglected your duty. Please tell me why my thread, which regardless of the original title did not require me to search as what I was posting was new information, demanded your immediate search police attention while the other obvious threads committing this wrong on the community does not?

You clearly have no qualification for your action in the case of my thread. I even changed the title for you, yet you still continue to post ridiculous comments in an attempt to look superior. As I have pointed out your "community cleaning effort," is a ridiculous guise for you to hide behind. As the posts which are clearly repeats are not offered your wonderful skills. And to suggest I can't handle it, good job I say. You not only have the basic skill set of telling people to search, no, you also have the ability to tell me how I am feeling, and further, trying to make me look small on a forum. There are awards for this, once I find them I will make a new thread and award them to you. But don't worry I will search first, as I am sure someone has probably granted them to you already.

Cheers.
Yeah, here's the fanboy again from Windows xp on a PC. If you want me to stop posting, I'll follow your lead. You started the thread and people will reply to it...

I wouldn't have told you to search if you wouldn't have started trashing people who encourage it.

We've known since Penryn was announced that companies are coming out with laptops ever since it was announced. All you did was tell us again that those laptops are coming. I don't think that anyone forgot about it.

Nobody was going to trash you in this thread. It was just gonna be another one that gets few replies and then falls to the bottom of the page like all of the others. Then when someone (not even me) suggests that you search for more information, you just decided that he should just declare himself as the search czar or something along those lines. Come on, that's just asking for trouble. The search function is on here for a reason. No, I don't like to search, either. But I do because I don't want to get flamed for not searching. No, you're topic is not one that appears every five seconds, in fact it doesn't happen too much. But occasionally it does. You insulted someone and I defended that person. I didn't tell you to search. You just came back with a fit to throw at me.

If you want this to be over, don't reply. I won't bother coming back to this thread unless I see that there's been a new post by you. I really don't care what you think anymore.

It's your thread. End it whenever YOU want.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
This thread is closed due to excessive squabbling and personal comments.

And one comment from me about posting 'please search'. It's unhelpful; best to run a search yourself and post some links in order to be helpful rather than having a go at others and derailing a thread.

That is the last word, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.