Acronis True Image 2014 for Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Huntn, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

A long time ago I tried to use Acronis True Image 9 or was it 11 to backup my Windows install on a bootcamp partition. Back then I got error messages.

I've had True Image 2014 (PC program) for a while and it works well on my PC, running Windows 7. I read some stuff online about people having issues with TI14 trying to do this with their Windows/Bootcamp install. I installed it on the Bootcamp Partition of my MBP (see signature), selected my Bootcamp partition to backup to an external drive and so far, it's chugging away backing it up. No error messages so far. After this operation completes, I'll create a TI recover disk and see if I can boot with the CD, and hope if it can find my restore file.

Anyway, is there anyone out there using this product in the way I am describing without issues? Thanks!

PS- Of note, Acronis has come out with a True Image Mac which can be used to backup your entire Mac system. What I don't know is if it will backup the Bootcamp partition too. Since I'm dual platform, I prefer using just one version of the program, and that would be the PC version if it works for both PC and my Mac's Bootcamp partition.

-Dave

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think True Image for the Mac will include your bootcamp partition.

Are you trying to clone your partition with TI, or make a standard backup?

I'm using TI, but on my surface pro3, its got bitlocker enabled so I'm not using the cloning (their KB article states with encryption its not possible to use the clone option).