ACT Advice?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ideal.dreams, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Hey guys,

So I'm taking the ACT tomorrow morning and I'm wondering if anyone has some good advice to offer me. How do I pace myself? The reading section has 75 questions in 45 minutes, how can I read the passage and get the questions done; do I read the passage at all or do I reference it?

Anything anyone has to offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. 184550 Guest

You'll need to read the entire passage. If you try to just answer the questions and reference the text as needed you'll just waste time because you'll eventually read the entire passage trying to get the context right.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Read the entire thing and learn to be a quick reader and have quick comprehension skills.

Only way to achieve that is by reading a lot during the year you are bound to take the test.

Skimming is not recommended, so much time lost. Also, the practice books on ACT help. Not to mention the mock tests those books have.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

If you read this in the morning some advice I learn that is good for every test is READ all the question first and see if there is any low hanging fruit that is just easy answer.
    As for the reading test still read all the question first since you know what will be impotent stuff to look for when read the passage.

And remember low hanging fruit to the easy question first then go back and do the hard question last so of you run out of time you got all the easy ones done and the ones you did not answer you had a higher chance of missing any how.