Activator and SBSettings "gone" / not working anymore?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kimball, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Kimball macrumors regular

I jb:ed my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 and installed sbsettings with activator 2 days ago. I also installed BiteSMS. Everythings been working fine since I jb:ed, but now the "activator"-menu in iPhone settings is gone and I cant use any gestures or access sbsettings at all.

Ive tried reinstalling / removing both sbsettings and activator several times, but the problems still there, activator just wont show up in "settings" anymore. It all happened out of the blue when I was about to show sbsettings to a friend a couple of hours ago, everything was working splendid before that! For some reason "five icon dock" also stopped working, but other "jailbreak-programs" are working fine.

Anyone got any clues? I really dont want to have to restore and start all over since Im afraid it might happen again :(

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

I uninstalled SBSettings and activator because they cause some problems. Actually activator does

Check my thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984558&highlight=sbsettings

After you install sbsettings. try playing around wiht the power button turn your screen on/off and see.

Thanks
    AE

3. Kimball thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I read your thread as well, but I dont have any of those problems at all. Everything was working flawlessly until this happened.

4. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

So did you repeatedly try to turn your screen on and off and back on using the power button? and had no problems? I can see a difference when installing activator and when not.

thanks
    AE

5. Kimball thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, no problems at all.

It seems my problem has to do with mobilesubstrate, I just need to find out which the latest version is. Would 0.9.3043-1 be correct?

6. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

whats mobilesubstrate?

Thanks
    AE