Activator and SBSettings "gone" / not working anymore?

Kimball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I jb:ed my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 and installed sbsettings with activator 2 days ago. I also installed BiteSMS. Everythings been working fine since I jb:ed, but now the "activator"-menu in iPhone settings is gone and I cant use any gestures or access sbsettings at all.

Ive tried reinstalling / removing both sbsettings and activator several times, but the problems still there, activator just wont show up in "settings" anymore. It all happened out of the blue when I was about to show sbsettings to a friend a couple of hours ago, everything was working splendid before that! For some reason "five icon dock" also stopped working, but other "jailbreak-programs" are working fine.

Anyone got any clues? I really dont want to have to restore and start all over since Im afraid it might happen again :(

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
I jb:ed my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 and installed sbsettings with activator 2 days ago. I also installed BiteSMS. Everythings been working fine since I jb:ed, but now the "activator"-menu in iPhone settings is gone and I cant use any gestures or access sbsettings at all.

Ive tried reinstalling / removing both sbsettings and activator several times, but the problems still there, activator just wont show up in "settings" anymore. It all happened out of the blue when I was about to show sbsettings to a friend a couple of hours ago, everything was working splendid before that! For some reason "five icon dock" also stopped working, but other "jailbreak-programs" are working fine.

Anyone got any clues? I really dont want to have to restore and start all over since Im afraid it might happen again :(
I uninstalled SBSettings and activator because they cause some problems. Actually activator does

Check my thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/&highlight=sbsettings

After you install sbsettings. try playing around wiht the power button turn your screen on/off and see.

Thanks
AE

Comment

Kimball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Comment

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Yeah I read your thread as well, but I dont have any of those problems at all. Everything was working flawlessly until this happened.
So did you repeatedly try to turn your screen on and off and back on using the power button? and had no problems? I can see a difference when installing activator and when not.

thanks
AE

Comment

Kimball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
So did you repeatedly try to turn your screen on and off and back on using the power button? and had no problems? I can see a difference when installing activator and when not.

thanks
AE
Yup, no problems at all.

It seems my problem has to do with mobilesubstrate, I just need to find out which the latest version is. Would 0.9.3043-1 be correct?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.