Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
HI, I'm jailbroken with iOS 5/redsnow/ activator 1.6.0 etc

I use the slide in gesture 'from screen bottom' to open the multitasking bar when in applications and on first page of springboard but sometimes the 'from screen bottom' stops working completely after a while. All the other gestures I have still work fine.

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks!

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Funny that you mentioned this - because I couldn't get it to work properly...

I was able to get it to 'work' but sliding my thumb up from the bottom a dozen times, and eventually, it worked - but not the way I wanted...

I got Zephyr from Cydia - Which APP does the trick, flawlessly... works great. I turned off the Left/Right slide to switch Apps from anywhere on the screen. It works GREAT as well - but sometimes, I'd swipe in an App left or right, (to actually apply input to the App) and it would switch to the next running app, ...

Either way - It's a great App. It does what your asking. :)

hamsup1o

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
I'm experiencing the same thing. A respring would fix it but kind of annoying.

I use the slide in gesture 'from screen bottom' to open the multitasking bar when in applications and on first page of springboard but sometimes the 'from screen bottom' stops working completely after a while. All the other gestures I have still work fine.

Thanks!

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer

Thanks!

I've also experienced this as well. 5.0.1 jb with pwnage. Resprings work but not permanently. Tried reinstalling MS for the second time, waiting to see how long it will hold up...

cskerk

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks!

I have a same problem as well.. Respring or reboot will solve this, tried to find another way but got nothing. :( Else cannot exit when in apps.

fpena

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
Same problem here...

I'm using the "double tap on status bar" instead, and it's working fine. But the "slide from bottom" would be more natural and intuitive :/

BTW, Zephyr does what Activator already does... I don't even know why it exists...

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Thanks for responses guys and thanks for the tips!

i'll add the source and see how it goes.

ariane

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2011
Mine wasn't working either even with the latest beta, then I read the release notes and it says there's a conflict with lockinfo -- if you disable notification center in lockinfo then slide in gestures won't work. So I reenabled it and now it works! Give it a try.

OnNightfall

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Mine wasn't working either even with the latest beta, then I read the release notes and it says there's a conflict with lockinfo -- if you disable notification center in lockinfo then slide in gestures won't work. So I reenabled it and now it works! Give it a try.

I don't have LockInfo installed. =-\

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Every other time I activate the music app via activator (at least once in three times, it's rather predictable) it resprings itself into Safe Mode. I'll try adding the beta and seeing if that works.

fpena

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
It took more time now, but the slide in gesture stopped to work again... The beta version still got problems...

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
mine hasn't played up since I installed the beta version, fingers crossed!

fpena

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
Beta 3 is out!
Are you guys unninstalling the previous versions before install the new ones? Or just hit update?

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
It's been buggy for me lately too, there have been about a dozen updates in the past couple weeks it seems, nothing in the changelog though so I don't know what's going on..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.