Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Well that's an easy enough fix. I'm keeping my passcode lock though. [Soup Nazi voice]No lockscreen camera for me....Next![/Soup Nazi voice] :D

There's a cydia app called "Snappy" that will allow you to open up the camera app from any window. You just assign a gesture through activator with it. Works on the lockscreen even with password code enabled and you're able to use the volume buttons to snap photos. Costs $1.99 but it's worth it to me. I'm able to pull out my phone and take pictures within 2 seconds.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
There's a cydia app called "Snappy" that will allow you to open up the camera app from any window. You just assign a gesture through activator with it. Works on the lockscreen even with password code enabled and you're able to use the volume buttons to snap photos. Costs $1.99 but it's worth it to me. I'm able to pull out my phone and take pictures within 2 seconds.

It also bosted a feature to open the camera up to 3-4 seconds faster. I remember on my 3gs on 3.3 that was the case.
Not sure if it still does this for the iPhone 4 or iOS4

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
It also bosted a feature to open the camera up to 3-4 seconds faster. I remember on my 3gs on 3.3 that was the case.
Not sure if it still does this for the iPhone 4 or iOS4
I have an iPhone 4. Also have Snappy and set it and the Default Camera app as shortcuts on the Lockscreen. Snappy is faster by ~1 second only because Default Camera's shutter takes longer to open.

That said, I removed Snappy and prefer the Default Camera as my LockScreen shortcut. Snappy seems reduntant for me now, one second is not much and having one less MobileSubstrate addon is always good imo.

Also, Snappy had some non retina images on the screen which looked unpleasing to me compared to the default camera's.
Snappy compared to Default:

Attachments

• snappy.png
    snappy.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 55
  • defaultcam.png
    defaultcam.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 56

Brownski

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
Good points...I think Snappy does still have something going for it, though, if you can use it with a passcode lock. I'm too security conscious not to use one, which means Activator still won't do the job for me...

THE dAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
SFV California
Good points...I think Snappy does still have something going for it, though, if you can use it with a passcode lock. I'm too security conscious not to use one, which means Activator still won't do the job for me...

Snappy is definitely a good app and lives up to it's name and you're right, if you have a passcode lock then Snappy is the one to get for Lockscreen access.

rs4

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know if it was random or what but I used activator and set springflash to both my volume buttons but I couldn't turn the torch off. Trying to enable/re-enable through sbsetings and activator didn't turn it off, neither did a respring. Had to reboot instead.

Running updated activator and the greenpois0n 4.2.1 JB.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Look for SpringFlash in Cydia. It'll let you use Activator to turn on the LED. No need for a separate flashlight app. I've got it set to turn on when I hit both volume buttons.
BUT i been using springflash since for ever on my lockscreen via activator, i had it set up using the volume botton to turn the flaslight on

this is not new

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.