Actually, Jet Black looks ugly. Planning to exchange mine.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfrapp, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

After seeing multiple unboxing photos and videos, you know the photos and videos that 'normal' people shoot, not Apple with their $100000000 lighting setup and gear, I came to realize that I don't like Jet Black anymore. In fact, it looks kinda ugly, like "phone from the 90's" kinda ugly. Looks nowhere near as good as the black iPhone 4. Just my two cents.

Hope you liked my cool story.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I couldn't get a 7+ in either black at preorder launch so I got silver instead and I'm loving it! It's my first white phone and it's very elegant. I'm glad I got something different after having a black 6+ and 6S+.

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Finally an honest person Jet Black looks like they asked how can we make Metal Look like Plastic. Besides Jet Black Is Guranteed to have ZERO resale value due to all the Scratches Unless you put it in a case then that makes that person a double fool buying Jet Black and hiding away its looks in a cheap plastic case.

4. rKunda, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Many of us fools pick a phone color we like and put it in a case. One is not more of a fool because one one specific color.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I was loving the jet black and then I started seeing actual photos of it on Reddit etc and cancelled my order. I saw a few matte black pictures and think I prefer that color. So if you're on T-Mobile and pre ordered a 128gb Jet Black + your order might have bumped up by 1! ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    I typically use clear cases. But you're right most people toss them in a case anyhow obscuring the actual color.

6. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

I was loving the Jet Black, but could only preorder the Black iPhone 7. However, after having seen the Jet Black in the Apple store today, I must say I am so glad I got the "matte" Black. The Jet Black seems cheap to me.

7. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Just checked them out today. My store (southern CA) only has 1 jet black iphone 7 for display. There's a guy standing next to it just to wipe it off. There's tons of scratches on it already. The matte black is truly black. Pictures don't do it justice. It looks really really nice. The Jet Black does blend the screen and the body really well. But I'm impressed more with matte black. I actually pre order both but now I won't have 1 bit regret for choosing the matte over the Jet Black. Call me biased or what not, but I feel the jet black looks and feels kinda cheap since it doesn't feel like metal at all . The matte looks strong and powerful. It's the actual star of this year

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'm not buying that JB is ugly. (I would buy the matte black model so I have no dog in this fight.)

But if you don't like JB anymore, then return it. Too bad you didn't realize till after you had the phone. Someone who wanted JB would have been happy to get yours.

9. supervelous macrumors 6502

Got my matte black 7+ today, wen to Apple Store and checked out the jet black. I will say, it does have a sort of plasticy look to it, like the iPhone 3G back. And it was super greasy, this was at about 11:30am so the store was only open a few hours and it looked terrible with all the marks and greasy finger smudges. And also was surprised this morning when I got my matte black that it was actually black. Looked kinda dark grayish in pics and videos.

But I will say, the jet black looks almost like an entirely new design in comparison to the others. I wonder if the glossy look was their original plan then they scrapped it due to the grease/scratches. I am sure the JB looks amazing when untouched too. Probably is more exciting for 6S+ owners, in terms of that new phone excitement than the more traditional matte finishes.

Definitely don't regret my choice, but wanted to give my unbiased opinion. I hate fanboys/fangirls and feel I'm fairly subjective on matters such as this.

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

My girlfriend is ugly, but I kept her anyway.

11. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I wanted the JB so bad until I saw the first previews and thought it looked like a 5C. Nope!

12. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Does no one else realize Jet Blacks models will have Zero Resale Value.

13. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your opinion, I was dying to know what you thought. :/
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    Does this matter for IUP members like me? Thanks didn't think so.

14. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I considered the Jet Black just because it was new... but went with matte black, and now that I have it in hand, I have no regrets.

15. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Saw that JB at work today. Was putting out the demo iPhone 7s. IMO it's drop dead gorgeous. Regular black is awesome too. They both look nice but JB does kind of POP just a little bit more

16. foxconn Suspended

Says who..? You?

17. myditka macrumors member

So what? I don't care for my phone so the next guy can have a clean phone. That's like not driving your sports car like a manic so the next owner has a new car. That's like not ****ing your girlfriend so the next guy has a fresh girlfriend. Sorry I went too far

18. kovey macrumors 6502a

Ignorant nonsense. Yea it's going to be worthless. Nobody will pay a dime for it.

19. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Well, this is a forum... you run the risk of encountering other peoples' opinions... fyi.

20. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Could they make the FCC ids just a little larger can't quite make em out.

21. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Just got done visiting my Apple Store and I am going to order a JB +! I love the feel and polish gloss look!

22. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I checked out both at Best Buy tonight and ordered a Jet Black Plus. They are saying it's going to be a while. Oh well. My biggest concern is to make sure I still get the $650 trade in with AT&T for my 6 Plus.

23. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

I could care less about Resale. It's going back to att when the next one comes out.

24. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I was thanking him. :)

25. JButtonMCL macrumors member

Your trade in is $650 for a 6 Plus? What size?

That seems pretty good..