add more spaces?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rick98761, Jun 16, 2011.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

I have to be totally missing something, but I have looked through every menu. Right now I only have 2 spaces available. My standard setup has been 4 spaces for a long time. I'm sure it has been right in front of my face, but I can't seem to find where.

2. celticpride678

Since Dev Preview 3, to add more spaces, enter Mission Control and move your mouse to the top right part of the screen. Click the "plus" button that pops up.

3. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, thanks. Talk about hidden. They may need to add another way to do that. I would have never found that.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I agree, they should've kept the old way in System Preferences too. Or at least keep the + a bit visible.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Yeah, I liked the old system because I ALWAYS boot my system with 9 spaces and I have specific apps launch directly to specific spaces. I love it, but now every time I have to re-setup my spaces. :(

I do like that you can easily swipe between spaces.

BTW, anyone know if you can rename spaces?

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Wait, what? Are you saying that it doesn't remember the amount of spaces you've set up or apps launching in specific spaces between reboots, or logging off? That's terrible. Maybe a bug?

7. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Apple said that Resume will put your spaces back exactly the way you left them when rebooting. So this is a bug.

8. xper macrumors 6502

xper

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1166116