Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Chip NoVaMac said:
Sorry to hear that ....

Well, I installed a new disk drive but not long after installing Mac OS 9.2.1 on it, I got a message that the internal diagnostics had discovered a problem with one of the processors. :eek: I don't see a real problem now but who knows?

Anyway, it's folding again...for now.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
I have only done 2 WU's, a gromac and tinker but it says 3...any ideas. Does a tinker count as 2?

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
yes but i have only done 2. I am getting credit for a wu i never did...wtf?

Last night around 1:30 in the morning my p639 was at 98.75%, so i went to bed and woke up at 11:30 pm to find that finished and my next one has started and is at 2%. The p639 finished at around 5 in the morning...i really doubt i finished another wu in just a few hours. Especially since this one is at 3% and it is 12:40 here...it takes roughly 60 mins to do 1%....

So based upon that the p739 must have finished around 10:00 this mroning. For some wierd reason i find it really difficult to beleive my beige g3 did a wu in about 5 hours...i looked at the stats for it and i knowfor a fact it could not have finished it. In my log i saw no evidence that i completed a p739 either...i know i should not be complaining but this is just really really wierd!

Oh well maybe it did finsih it and there was a fart in the folding@home program...i know sometimes it does not record your status on a specific Wu...just a little program fart i guess....oh well

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
GeeYouEye said:
Just got a PowerBook G4 1.5GHz up and running... maybe I'll finally move up in the rankings and leave 666th(!) place.

Because we are "the darkside" one of us has to sacrifice himself to be on the magical 666th place :D
Good luck, happy folding and may the devil be with you!

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I finally got my second machine up to OS X and folding, well kinda. We are in the process of migrating our Desktop publishing dept. to OS X and today I finally got "InCrease" successfully installed and working on it's first WU. Then reality hit and I had to boot into OS 9 to finish our production for the day. I wanted to reboot back to OS X and let it go for the weekend but I had to leave early and didn't get a chance to do so. When I got home today I found out that my last WU put me up into the top 500 on the MacRumors team :D :D I'm now crunching a 206 point GROMAC that should really put me up there ;) ;)

What ever it takes, just KEEP ON FOLDING!!! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.