OS X Adding Mods To Games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by stemorgan1, Jan 2, 2014.

1. stemorgan1 macrumors newbie

Ive recently downloaded skyrim, the game works fine, but I want to add mods to it. I googled how to do this and came stuck when I had to drag the mods into the skyrim folder. I would drag the mods to the correct folder and it would come it with a small white cross/no-entry sign. Then when i clicked on 'get info' for the skyrim game the locked button was greyed out and I had no option to lock or unlock the file. The accessibility also said that I should be able to change the settings of the file. Any help?? thanks

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sounds like a permissions issue. When you select "get info" what kind of permissions does it show for you- "read only" or "read and write"? If it is read only, then you need to fix permissions. On the "get info" page, unlock the permissions and try to change it there. It you can't change it there, is this game in a partition or on an external drive? If so what kind of permissions are set for that partition/drive? Do a "get info" on the partition.
    I've seen this and the easiest way to fix it is to launch Disk Utility located in the Utilities folder and repair that partition. After I repaired it a partition/disk that was labeled "read only" became writable once again.

Good luck!