additional iPhone 4G images

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Suanmiao, May 26, 2010.

1. Suanmiao macrumors member

I'm not sure if these have been posted before but here we go.

Attached Files:

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

3. Suanmiao thread starter macrumors member

more

Attached Files:

4. Suanmiao thread starter macrumors member

more

Attached Files:

5. Suanmiao thread starter macrumors member

I'd really like it if it has the higher resolution screen rumored.

6. corriewf macrumors 6502a

I agree, the screen and bezel negate any changes in design for me. It's still the same round button with a square and the same screen size and bezel. When this phone is in a case, I won't notice any of the design changes. The face of the phone is where the most changes needed to be...Resolution or not.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yup that would be great! but its so.. square.

its basically the same, except the back doesnt "taper" as much. its not a bad design, but certainly not as good as the others. i guess they can fit more in, maybe a 128GB SSD ;) lucky im a nokia boi!

8. corriewf macrumors 6502a

No it's not a bad design. It might even look sexy once in my hand. My problem is that the iPhone's resale value is too high to not do a case. The case will negate any changes they made. The only difference I will see is the front facing camera and a higher screen res. On HARDWARE alone, the extra cpu boost isn't really too much of a plus for me. Games play great on the 3GS. I don't really use multitasking as much as I would use widgets on the SOFTWARE side. I would have loved to see the phone either A. Decrease in physical size by changing the round square button size/shape and shrinking the bezel, or B. Increase the physical size a tad and decrease the bezel for a larger screen. Both of those changes would make it a design I would notice IN and case or OUT. Ah well though.

9. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

why oh why oh why....and one more for luck..oh why...didn't they increase the size of the screen.... :confused:

10. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I think the fact that so many of us encase our phones for the real world means that this design makes even more sense. The more squared-off look and flat back reflects the fact that the case of your choosing may have that roundedness of slant if you choose a case like that. Otherwise, get a case that keeps the sqared off profile. Simple and easy.

So far, I like it.

I'll have to see the phone in the flesh before I can say for 100% sure that I'm going to buy, but so far I like it.

Sean

11. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

all fair points. i wont be buying it but my gf wants one, so i must maintain interest ;) she will get it regardless, im just interested in the hardware specs. it will be pretty decent though, its a product made by apple so its bound to be decent at the very least.

12. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

How much bigger do you want a phone to be?

If you increase the physical screen size then the phone could be getting huge.

13. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

it's already been shown that other phons of not much bigger size (take the HTC HD2, for example) have a bigger screen without the phone being too big.

As it turns out I have an HD2 as well (I'm a phone whore and have up to 4 phones at any one time cos I can't make up my mind) and the screen on the HD2 is in fact ever so slightly too big IMHO. but somewhere between the two would be fantastic..

sorry though, I know this has been mentioned a few threads already.

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If Speck comes out with a See-Thru for this design, you should be pretty well able to see every design change made. I just put one on my 3GS after not having used one for probably 4-5 months (because they're a MOTHER to get off...I'm probably going to regret the decision to put on one before day's end) and was shocked to see again how, well, see-through it actually is. It's completely transparent (other than the bits around the bezel, which are like a frosted silicone-ish material). Just FWIW. :)

15. Darwing macrumors 6502

in all reality guys, it doesnt matter what it looks like, how many of you are seriously NOT going to have a case on it, ultimately you wont see the design

16. rkswat macrumors regular

OH MY FREAKIN GOD THAT THING IS SOOOOO SEXY!!!

Ok I just messed my pants. Ill be right back......

Now that shorts are changed I must say I am so excited for this phone. I am really digging the new look, so much more professional and classy looking. Plus stupid rounded edges = slippery. Flat edges = secure grip. Sad to see all the 3g/3gs owners that won't be updating because of how "ugly" it is. They're going to be missing out on one hell of a phone.

OMG i just noticed there are screws in the sim holder area!!! No way I can buy this phone now, screws are so un-apple! :rolleyes:

17. adeloren macrumors member

The screw is hidden by the sim card cover anyways

18. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

The hole for the supposed front facing camera doesn't look comparable in size to the one on the back...I wonder if it's just an lcd for message alerts or something.

It looks really small in these pictures, almost too small.

19. angevil macrumors regular

I like it. My biggest wish is higher resolution screen! It seems we need to wait until WWDC to find out. Weird, considering there are bunch of new iPhones around. I suppose they can′t be turned on to see the connect to iTunes image. Are these non-functional iPhones? Why can′t someone turn it on? I know there is still no OS for the new model out there, but still..connect to iTunes should be there, or not?

20. Cander macrumors 6502

We already know for a fact it is a camera. It doesn't need to be the same size as the one on the back.

21. WiseMarley macrumors member

Everyday I change my mind on the design. today i like it. tomorrow we shall see.

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's much lower resolution.

23. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I love this new design, man I can't wait, its taking too long

24. dhjapple89 macrumors member

Gizmodo said when they took apart the phone that the back camera looked like a 5-8 megapixel camera, while the front one was between 3-5 megapixel.

25. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

First of all, the camera is not a 5 (or even 3) MP version, nor does it require a shutter or autofocus. It's a fixed-focus camera like the iSight on a mackbook, which measures only a couple of millimeters across.

Second of all, there is overwhelming evidence that it is a camera. Not only does OS 4.0 beta contain clear references to a front and back cameras and to video chat, but Gizmodo tore their prototype apart and showed us pictures of the camera. There really can be no doubt about it at this point.