Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tacos_iN_Space

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2023
Yep, tried that as well.
Went from Big Sur to Ventura on 0.6.2, and then installed 0.6.4, and did a post upgrade patch.
Only saw the usual stuff, like issues with sleep/hibernation, which wasn't new.

I haven't found any other apps that crash like Adobe apps.... knock on wood. Tried all my normal stuff, like Office apps, WireShark, Zoom, etc. Tried the cleaner app, manually deleting cache and preference folders, etc.

Like I said, the Mac OS preview, while imperfect, is ok for most tasks. And I can use the cloud Acrobat app in place of the desktop app. A bit annoying, but not the end of the world. But... I would really prefer to use the regular apps, not gonna lie lol :)

SPJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
Heya. I came to this thread b/c I'm having this exact problem, both Reader and Acrobat.
Big Sur = perfect. Ventura = :(
When you say you reinstalled MacOS, do you mean rolling back to, say, Monterey?
Or did you reinstall Ventura?
Hi mate, sorry to take so long to reply.

I reinstalled MacOS to non-OCLP Catalina and Adobe worked perfectly. I'm now back on OCLP Monterey and just using Foxit as the project I was working on is finished, so I no longer need Adobe Reader.

SPJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
Yep, tried that as well.
Went from Big Sur to Ventura on 0.6.2, and then installed 0.6.4, and did a post upgrade patch.
Only saw the usual stuff, like issues with sleep/hibernation, which wasn't new.

I haven't found any other apps that crash like Adobe apps.... knock on wood. Tried all my normal stuff, like Office apps, WireShark, Zoom, etc. Tried the cleaner app, manually deleting cache and preference folders, etc.

Like I said, the Mac OS preview, while imperfect, is ok for most tasks. And I can use the cloud Acrobat app in place of the desktop app. A bit annoying, but not the end of the world. But... I would really prefer to use the regular apps, not gonna lie lol :)
Didn't realise there was a cloud app for AAR. Is it subscription or free?

Shame there isn't a 'Hand' tool on preview. That was literally all I needed!

Tacos_iN_Space

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2023
Didn't realise there was a cloud app for AAR. Is it subscription or free?

Shame there isn't a 'Hand' tool on preview. That was literally all I needed!
Yep, sadly, subscription based. Part of the Creative Cloud offering. Technically, I think my subscription is just for the cloud based tool, and as part of it, I can download the desktop client, usable on 2 computers... so I'm constantly being asked to log out of one instance (since I switch between home, office, and the MacBook that travels with me.) Will be looking into Foxit, thanks bruv

SPJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022

SPJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2022
I'm having the same issue, it's definitely a OCLP issue but the developers are not interested in third party apps. https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/754
Maybe there is a log file somewhere that can shine some light

Everything works fine on my iMac 27" Late 2013 (14,2), Nvidia GEForce GT 755M. The only exception is an ancient bug in the OCLP root patches, which suspect only occurs for Nvidia Kepler graphics. I have had this problem with every version of OCLP, with Monterey, Ventura and also Sonoma. I'm currently running OCLP 0.6.9n Build 2023-08-08 and Ventura 13.5.1.
The problem is with Speedtest, Acrobat Reader and my Bank Security app with root patches installed and I believe the problems have the same root cause.
When doing a fresh install of Speedtest it crashes on the first run. Acrobat Reader hangs on the first run and must be force quitted. The Bank app cannot login to sites that display warning or informational text boxes.
For the problem with Speedtest and Acrobat Reader the work-around is to boot into Safe mode and perform virgin runs there. After that the apps also work in Normal mode.
Has any one else observed this peculiar behaviour?
The problem can easily be reproduced by completely uninstalling Speedtest or Acrobat Reader using the AppCleaner app and then emptying the Bin. After reinstalling the apps the problem occurs. I'm attaching screen shots of som problem windows.
I found this on the 'Unsupported Ventura' thread, @aindriu - My iMac is now back to Catalina, so can't test it for myself, but would be interesting to hear back from you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.