Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Have you restarted it? Apparently it then says only two day trial. Might be worth not shutting it down and leave it running. ;)

What if you set your clock back every 2 days? What if you deleted the preferences every 2 days? It's gotta get that time from somewhere.

IrishMac

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2006
I also think it sucks that CS1 people have bee cut out. We didn't go for CS2 here and decided to wait on CS3. My boss is a bit funny on ordering new software as he likes to "evaluate" before buying (I'm the only mac in the dept so having to order "special" software is a huge problem). Darn it I wanted to test PShop CS3 so that I can convience him to order the suite when it launchs.

Downloaded it anyway... 8mb/sec... not too shabby :)

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
What if you set your clock back every 2 days? What if you deleted the preferences every 2 days? It's gotta get that time from somewhere.

Well, I guess Adobe has a more sophisticated system than just storing the date in a preference file. They offer most of their software as a 30 day trial for download. So they certainly make it difficult to circumvent this time limit.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
is it just me or does some people have trouble downloading this?

edit i think it's just me

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Photoshop CS3 Sneak Peek Video Podcast

Wow. Talk about a surprise (well, not really) seeing a link to podcasts from Rich Harrington. He was my "Photoshop" professor in college and then I worked for him at RHED Pixel for about a year. Going to check these out now!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Is it gone already??? Seriously? It's not there....

UPDATE
Never mind, I guess I needed to have an Adobe account in order to "see" it...

CTYankee

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
I was able to install all but Photoshop, but now the installer won't even launch.

G4 dual 867 MDD, 10.4.8, 1.75GB RAM...

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
No more beachball, this thing flies on ANYTHING, even opening 150 meg files with 50 layers. I might have to call Adobe to get them to get me a new CS2 serial number, mine don't work.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Well, I guess Adobe has a more sophisticated system than just storing the date in a preference file. They offer most of their software as a 30 day trial for download. So they certainly make it difficult to circumvent this time limit.

Then where would the time limit be stored? Would it be possible to uninstall the App and re-install it again to get more time out of it?

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Rants-

PS-
Applying blending options expands the FX on each layer. Annoying as I then need to collapse after blending options. I often work on 30+ layers so to collapse every-time is EXTREMELY annoying. PS 7 did this, PS C2 did not. A step back.

We lose the top tool bar. So on my 23" widescreen monitor I have a foot of empty blank space now and my side to side real estate is wasted. Why can't we have the old options to dock up top?

Still no way to have a smallish animation window. It's icon is twice that of the other icons and is such a space waster. Why can't is collapse like the other tools/windows?

File window has drop shadow, no other window does. It looks weird now because C3 looks like windows on the mac now and the drop shadow here but not there looks amateurish.

Bridge does not automatically open even tho it's selected.

Bridge renders a ton of thumbs blurry. Not sure why.

Other than the screen caps shown on what's new, there isn't much. Seems they touched up Bridge, touched up the UI, added a few new features that I mostly likely never need and coded it binary.

If this is close to final, I may hold off upgrading because I don't use this on an intel mac.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Rants-

PS-
Applying blending options expands the FX on each layer. Annoying as I then need to collapse after blending options. I often work on 30+ layers so to collapse every-time is EXTREMELY annoying. PS 7 did this, PS C2 did not. A step back.

We lose the top tool bar. So on my 23" widescreen monitor I have a foot of empty blank space now and my side to side real estate is wasted. Why can't we have the old options to dock up top?

Still no way to have a smallish animation window. It's icon is twice that of the other icons and is such a space waster. Why can't is collapse like the other tools/windows?

File window has drop shadow, no other window does. It looks weird now because C3 looks like windows on the mac now and the drop shadow here but not there looks amateurish.

Bridge does not automatically open even tho it's selected.

Bridge renders a ton of thumbs blurry. Not sure why.

Other than the screen caps shown on what's new, there isn't much. Seems they touched up Bridge, touched up the UI, added a few new features that I mostly likely never need and coded it binary.

If this is close to final, I may hold off upgrading because I don't use this on an intel mac.

It's a beta.... and I think they had to re-code the whole thing to make it Universal Binary and now it's a Cocoa App which means no more old crappy classic code in it.... so there's gonna be some things they missed.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
No image ready. Not sure if that is getting axed.

Bridge looks more and more like a hacked skin. Rough jagged edges. Dark greys with Aqua folders, scroll bars just don't look right. MAybe it's to go with 10.5's dark theme UI?

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
Then where would the time limit be stored? Would it be possible to uninstall the App and re-install it again to get more time out of it?

I'm sure it's possible somehow, just need to find where PS stores the appropriate info. On Windows, a new 30 day trial can be started by uninstalling and completely removing PS and then you have to dig through the system registry <shudder> and remove about 6 entries -- 2 or 3 of which often appear to be randomly placed and arbitrarily named. Then you can reinstall. It's a real PITA. ...Now, don't know if they have updated changed this with CS2 or CS3. And have never tried it on OSX...

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London

Well don't tell us, email adobe. This is a beta after all so I'm sure that feedback is expected and welcomed.

People are quick to complain to others but seem less than keen to address the problem themselves. Especially when the problem happens to occur in free BETA software.

skiphunt

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2002
did we just get suckered?

I didn't see CS3 on the Adobe site, but one of the other alternate links HERE in this thread worked. I had to enter my CS2 serial to download, etc. It installed on my MacBookPro Core 2... but not everything works... says it didn't install some files or when I try to lauch links it says they aren't there. Some of the functionality is there though.

It won't install on my G5 DP 2Ghz machine. Says I have to quite "TWAINBridge" first.. but I don't have anything running called that.

So, I went to the Adobe Lab to try and re-download the installer.. and it's still not there. I'm logged in to.

Then I go to dpreview.com and someone says the legit installer isn't even available for DL yet and that some are passing off "malware" installers. Did I just get suckered into giving out my SN to some jacka$$ pawning off a fake version of the CS3? If so, how do I clean this crap off my machine until the "real" version is available?

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Then I go to dpreview.com and someone says the legit installer isn't even available for DL yet and that some are passing off "malware" installers. Did I just get suckered into giving out my SN to some jacka$$ pawning off a fake version of the CS3? If so, how do I clean this crap off my machine until the "real" version is available?

I'm pretty sure it's the real download since it's straight from Adobe.com. They just dont have a link from the homepage or any other page yet.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs_photoshop

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
It's a beta.... and I think they had to re-code the whole thing to make it Universal Binary and now it's a Cocoa App which means no more old crappy classic code in it.... so there's gonna be some things they missed.

Well don't tell us, email adobe. This is a beta after all so I'm sure that feedback is expected and welcomed.

People are quick to complain to others but seem less than keen to address the problem themselves. Especially when the problem happens to occur in free BETA software.

What's their email? I have no issue sending them feedback and have before (was an Apple seeder as well, so I guess I 'complain' very well)

I'm quick to 'complain' as you see my critiquing of issues that affect me negatively and I've 'complained' to Adobe's web forums since v7 and my threads always seem to fade into oblivion rather quietly so I stopped.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Be careful, installing bridge will open all images in C3, even if you open Bridge C2, it will open images in C3. I guess I'll have to drag my images to C2 or uninstall PS C3. Seems to be defaulting to opening everything in C3. Retared.

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
Downloaded & installed on my 12" ibook without any problems, launches fine & I love the new layout. I tried out the quick select & exposure - love it. Can't wait for the final release so I can get a MB/MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.