Adobe Bridge CS5 weird swiping bugs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by baryon, Jul 24, 2011.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

So Lion's default gesture configuration completely gets rid of 3-finger swiping back and forward in applications like Finder, System Preferences, and Adobe Bridge.

The way to get this functionality back is to set up your gestures like this, with "Swipe Between Pages" set to 2 or 3 fingers (as that way you can still do the 2-finger swipy thing in Safari, yet you can then navigate in Finger with 3 fingers), and "Swipe Between Full Screen Apps" (which is not just for full screen apps but also Spaces) set to 4 fingers only:
    Screen Shot 2011-07-24 at  copy.jpg

This works well in Finder and System Preferences, but it doesn't work in Adobe Bridge CS5. In Bridge, swiping left and right with 3 fingers should behave just like in Finder, but instead, guess what it does? It OPENS the selected file! What the hell?

Secondly, 3-finger swipe up in Bridge used to do "Up One Level", which means it would go to the containing folder in which you are now. This no longer works at all, even if you set Mission Control to only work with 4 fingers.

Anyone else experiencing these bugs?

2. carlyas macrumors newbie

Just got a new imac with lion and I'm having the same problem. I can't find any info about it except for this thread (which unfortunately has no replies :(). I also noticed that if no files are selected, the three-finger swipe back and up works for half a second, but as soon as you release it jumps back to the current folder.

Any further wisdom, anyone?