• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe published a press release on Wednesday (via G4Games) to highlight its new Creative Cloud mobile apps, and in doing so has seemingly revealed the new iPad Pro has 4GB of RAM (emphasis ours):
iPad Pro is great for creative workflows with a high res 12.9´´ touch screen display at 2732 x 2048 pixels, A9X chip, and 4GB RAM.
Apple does not list the iPad Pro's RAM on the tablet's tech specs page, but a teardown of the device in the near future should reveal if Adobe's claim is accurate. We've also reached out to Apple for comment.

iPad-Pro-Tech-Specs-800x441.jpg

iPad Pro features a 12.9-inch fully laminated display with a 2732x2048 pixels resolution at 264 PPI, 64-bit A9X processor, four-speaker audio system, 8-megapixel iSight camera, Touch ID, Smart Connector, Lightning connector and dual microphones.

Apple also introduced two new accessories for the iPad Pro: the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil. Apple Pencil ($99) is a precise drawing tool for iPad Pro, while the Smart Keyboard ($169) is an attachable, full-size keyboard cover.

iPad Pro launches in November in Silver, Space Gray and Gold, starting at $799 for a 32GB Wi-Fi only model. A 128GB Wi-Fi only model will also be available for $949 and a Wi-Fi + LTE 128GB model will retail for $1,079.

Update: Adobe's updated press release no longer mentions 4GB of RAM.

Article Link: Adobe Claims iPad Pro Has 4GB of RAM [Updated]

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2014
It just seems rather pointless to me, I'd rather they went the way of the Surface Pro or even the Surface 3... though I really enjoy Laptops with 360o hinges and touch screens over tablets. I know Apple don't seem to think it's useful... even though they gave this one of those crappy shallow flimsy keypad covers, essentially mimicking the same thing. However I just find it so convenient when I'm laying in bed watching a video, to just reach out and touch the screen to skip to where I want in an instant.

Comment

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Theyre massive and unwieldy and contradict the whole concept of what the ipad was meant to be in the first place. But they'd look good perhaps mounted on a wall and used as a monitor for the Apple TV. Double bonus!

Reactions: AleXXXa
Comment

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
It's just a super sized iPad - still runs a phone OS, and cannot run OS X applications natively. Reminds me of Windows RT.

But Apple iOS devices already have a massive foothold in education and business. Plus with the IBM/Cisco partnership, and the fact that people are actually developing for iOS and making use of this horsepower, it's definitely better than Windows RT. That was just a disaster.

Comment

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
I doubt this will be successful.
iOS is just too limited.
If this has 4GB Ram thought, 2GB for iPhone 6S is fortunately confirmed.

It just seems rather pointless to me, I'd rather they went the way of the Surface Pro or even the Surface 3... though I really enjoy Laptops with 360o hinges and touch screens over tablets. I know Apple don't seem to think it's useful... even though they gave this one of those crappy shallow flimsy keypad covers, essentially mimicking the same thing. However I just find it so convenient when I'm laying in bed watching a video, to just reach out and touch the screen to skip to where I want in an instant.

The price. It is just so expensive for such a niche product. The pricing works for the surface b.c it can actually run desktop programs. $799 for a large iPad is incredibly niche.

It will sell to a niche set (perhaps graphics artists). I wouldn't ever purchase an iPad Pro at this price point, much rather get a Surface Pro which gives me Windows 10. Apple made it a low volume product by putting this in direct competition with a full computer...

Comment

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
It just seems rather pointless to me, I'd rather they went the way of the Surface Pro or even the Surface 3... though I really enjoy Laptops with 360o hinges and touch screens over tablets.
OMG shut up about the SP3 already. I hear Windows 10 isn't great for touch input. But that's the point of touch. It's for touch. Apple's solution to touch screen devices is start from the ground up with fingers as the input and slowly but surely add more powerful features. Apple's solution and philosophy is a far better one. If you want a SP3 go buy one and stop telling us about it. By not allowing desktop apps on your tablet it forces innovation for touch, for fingers, and devs often surprise you.

Comment

jayducharme

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
starting at $799 for a 32GB Wi-Fi only model. A 128GB Wi-Fi only model will also be available for $949 and a Wi-Fi + LTE 128GB model will retail for $1,079.
32GB is the new 16GB. For "professionals" that will definitely not be enough storage.

I wonder if this will sell well. A few people in these forums claimed to have been waiting for such a device, but outside of those few enthusiasts I can't see the general public rushing out to buy it. Apple can feel free to prove me wrong, though. :)

Comment

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
But apple lied about iPad mini 4 .... It doesn't have A8X and 2 GB RAM... Very disappointing..
What do you mean they "lied"? They said it has the A8 chip when they introduced it, and it does split view so it definitely has 2GB of ram.

Oh, and another important detail: The A8x chip sucks a lot of power, and the iPad mini has a smaller battery

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.