Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe today announced that it will hold a
launch event
for Creative Suite 5 (CS5) on Monday, April 12th at 8:00 AM Pacific Time. While the company has yet to release many specific details on CS5 or disclose what will be covered during the launch event, users are invited to register for a video broadcast to be covered by Adobe TV.

Adobe has shared relatively little about its plans for CS5, although it did reveal that Flash Professional CS5 will include tools to allow developers to build Flash-based applications and then export them in the standard .ipa format used for App Store applications. The technology was revealed last October along with a disclosure that several current App Store applications had been developed using a prerelease version of the software.

The upcoming CS5 release will mark the first major update to the company's flagship publishing applications since Creative Suite 4 was introduced in September 2008 and began shipping the following month.

Article Link: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Set to Launch April 12th

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Awesome! But then again, this means spending more money. I'll upgrade Flash first, then maybe AfterEffects. Photoshop and Illustrator are fine. I only upgrade them when I can no longer open up client's files reliably.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
I've participated in a private beta of several CS5 applications, and I'm not too excited about the final versions. Adobe has lost its way. :(

choco

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
*phew* i was just about to buy the cs4 master collection a few weeks ago too! glad i waited :D

DaWooster

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
I really hope that by this point, CS5 will have SOME application that opens Animated GIFs. That's been missing since ImageReady got the boot in CS3.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
The upcoming CS5 release will mark the first major update to the company's flagship publishing applications since Creative Suite 4 was introduced in September 2008 and began shipping the following month.
Phrasings like this make me nuts. "This represents the first time that flowers have bloomed since April 2009". Makes it sound so momentous! It's a mature product-- a 12-15 month turn over would actually be more rapid than I'd like.

J Radical

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
I assume it will have GPU acceleration too?

Is CS5 going to be cocoa? CS4 seemed like a weak update, and the software has always been insanely expensive.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I really hope that by this point, CS5 will have SOME application that opens Animated GIFs. That's been missing since ImageReady got the boot in CS3.

Fireworks does that today. Probably the only reason I've ever opened that app!

-Kevin

DaWooster

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
Fireworks does that today. Probably the only reason I've ever opened that app!

-Kevin

That's curious, every time I've opened an animated GIF at my college using FireWorks CS4, all I get is the first frame; which is the same result I get in Photoshop; which is NOT the same result I get on a web page or in Preview.app

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Even though a lot of the updates are minor, this is always good news! Our company skipped CS4 so I'm looking forward to this.

staypuffinpc

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
great news!

64 bit support and support for mobile apps (not just ipa) are enough reason for me to upgrade to Flash CS5 ASAP!

solusoracle

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
That's curious, every time I've opened an animated GIF at my college using FireWorks CS4, all I get is the first frame; which is the same result I get in Photoshop; which is NOT the same result I get on a web page or in Preview.app

At the bottom of the main Fireworks canvas, there are media controls for advancing frames.

Attachments

• animated.gif
    animated.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 8,179
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.