Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Adobe Photoshop / Creative Suite 3 on March 27th?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Betanews reports that a Merrill Lynch analyst has stated that Adobe will likely introduce their Creative Suite 3 near March 27th "with a ship date that would follow shortly afterwards".

Jay Vleeschhouwer, the analyst who wrote the report disclosing the release date, says he expects about six different CS3 product suites, and 14 individual products overall. Core CS3 products would include Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

ThinkSecret posted a similar article reporting that Adobe had ramped up the release of development builds and that a ship date could come "as early as the end of March."

Builds are now being released to testers on an almost weekly basis, each more polished than the previous with continual bug fixes and stability improvements.

pito189

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2006
Glorious

This would be glorious in every single way. Having Illustrator crashing constantly and then having to wait another 3 minutes for it to start every single time has gotten quite old and quite a pain in my ass.

LETS GO CS3 WOO HOOO!

Comment

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I can see Apple doing this...
CS3, which requires 10.5... so... here's 10.5. and to show it off, our new Mac Pro Octo!

yup... I can see it now..

Comment

KingofAwesome

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Maybe this will jump-start Mac Pro sales... which will maybe get Apple to release some other stuff I'm waiting for... which will maybe remove a digit from my bank account balance... which will make my cats hungry. So, in essence, CS3 will lead to a decrease in my neighborhood small rodent population. Woo hoo!

Comment

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
I don't remember seeing anything about optimization for Leopard... but that would be nice.

I can't wait. I hope After Effects 8 comes out at this time too, but I may have to wait until after NAB for that one.

Comment

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
I dont think adobe would want to limit their potential customer base to those running Leopard only.

I cant wait though, intel native goodness!

Comment

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
This would be glorious in every single way. Having Illustrator crashing constantly and then having to wait another 3 minutes for it to start every single time has gotten quite old and quite a pain in my ass.

And that's why god created Freehand. ;) :p

'bout time on the CS3 front though... Adobe have REALLY dragged their arses on this one... :rolleyes:

I wish we had other viable options in the design world, rather than being held ransom by the one company. :rolleyes:

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I don't remember seeing anything about optimization for Leopard... but that would be nice.

I can't wait. I hope After Effects 8 comes out at this time too, but I may have to wait until after NAB for that one.

i tried looking around but is their a version that includes PS, illustrator, and AE?

Comment

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
It's going to be good for everyone, including people who still run PPC systems. The only difference is that it will be Universal Binary which means faster app booting and much faster response times which is the big issue I have with my present Creative Suite on my macbook. I do plan on running leopard, but I can't wait to have both that and CS3 and eventually my Mac Pro. Oooooh mama.

Comment

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Are you on G5 or MacPro

LETS GO CS3 WOO HOOO!

My Illustrator CS2 rarely crashes -- maybe like 4 times in a year and we use it all day long, everyday -- curious are you on a G5 or Mac Pro

Comment

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
PPC apps have a higher potential of crashing on Intel macs, which isn't terribly surprising since they're all running with the aid of a translator. I run CS on my macbook and it has never ever crashed and I use it all the time. The only problem I have is that it doesn't run as quickly as it would on a powerbook. Despite being a PPC app Photoshop, Illustrator, After effects 6.5, Final Cut Pro and Aperture all run fairly smoothly on my macbook, and all have yet to ever crash.

Comment

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I can just see it now.

Adobe releases the long-awaited update. Apple promptly releases Leopard the following week.

Adobe's sales stall while customers report that the Adobe software won't run properly on the newly released Leopard.

Adobe goes back into development mode to release a patch that will fix the couple of minor quirks that have caused customers to hold-off on buying the new suite.

A couple of weeks later, Adobe releases said update, and everything is fine in the world again.

Comment

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Cool, any chance of them FINALLY releasing an Intel version of Shockwave Player? It gets annoying having to run Safari in Rosetta mode every time I want to use shockwave, and it's not exactally very stable, the games I play will just freeze randomly for no reason.

Comment

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
I welcome the introduction of CS3. I held off on CS2 so I look forward to the performance boost.

Comment

digitalbiker

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2002
The Road
Bring on the new Mac Pros

Alright!

This is the news I was waiting to hear. This means the new Mac Pro release is very immenent! I think it was fairly well accepted that Apple was a little reluctant to upgrade the Mac Pro until the premier industry photo suite went universal.

I have been waiting on purchasing a new Mac Pro ever since gen 1 came out last summer.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.