Adults who wear snow pants.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I know it is not socially acceptable for adults to wear snow pants for anything, but skiing or snowboarding ,but why?

I think these look pretty cool:

So why not ?

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Because its extremely hot when you get indoor.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
Fashion is all over the place. At least there are fewer people sporting the mega-huge pants that are halfway down between the waist and knees, boxers hanging out, and wallet chains these days. I say wear your snowboarding pants wherever you want. Finish the look off with some goggles on your head.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
The answer is simple, most adults spend 95% of their day in doors. And for people who work outside there are less fashionable but more practical (cheaper, more rugged, warrantied) options like Carhartts.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
except that the seam raps around around the leg and they're much tighter.

----------

I don't think 150-200€ is an unfair price for a nice pair of jeans.
Really!!??

I'm still trying to figure out what makes a pair of jeans worth USD $260. I get pissed when I have t pay full price (USD$48) for my Levis 501's. Which are, of course, as everybody knows, the ONLY jeans to wear!:cool:)

But seriously, no sarcasm intended, what do you feel makes a pair of jeans worth that much?:confused: :D

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Sorry, my ethnocentricity is showing.:eek:

That's a crappy deal for you guys. But still better than 200 Euros.

Especially for the ONLY jeans to wear.:D
welcome to Europe, where the cars are twice as expensive as well. i hope you enjoy your stay.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I know it is not socially acceptable for adults to wear snow pants for anything, but skiing or snowboarding ,but why?
Where do you even get this stuff ? Socially acceptable ? WTF, I wear snowpants when I'm out in the snow, whether that be skiing or snowboarding or simply shoveling my driveway or playing in the snow with my dog or the kids I have to babysit.

Who's part of this society that doesn't accept this ? Why does their opinion even matter ?

----------

I don't think 150-200€ is an unfair price for a nice pair of jeans.
My nicest jeans all cost about 25$ when they aren't on sale.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
If i had the money i would a pair of armani jeans and some nicer shirts made with more dense lightweight cotton like pima cotton than a 5 dollar shirt from target. why is that hard to believe?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
nothing wrong with snowpants if your job calls for it. but there are better options. they just don't make sense which is why people don't wear them everyday.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
If i had the money i would a pair of armani jeans and some nicer shirts made with more dense lightweight cotton like pima cotton than a 5 dollar shirt from target. why is that hard to believe?
Because I have the money for a pair of armani jeans and nicer shirts made with more dense lightwiehgt cotton, but frankly, I prefer my 25$ jeans and 8$ t-shirts from Urban Planet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.