Advanced Placement exams 2008

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aethelbert, May 9, 2008.

1. aethelbert macrumors 601

After taking my first two AP exams for this year this week, I'm wondering who else is taking them and for which classes. How do you think you did, etc. Don't post essay topics unless it's 48 hours after the tests (they do check the internet for it).

For starters, I took BC calc on wednesday and European history today.

2. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I took AP US History today.

Multiple choice was EASY.

DBQ was EASY.

Free response was HELL.

Is that legit to post?

3. aethelbert thread starter macrumors 601

Yep, just no specifics.

4. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I took AP Euro today. I think I bombed

5. buffalo macrumors 65816

I took European history today. Felt good about the multiple choice, thought I wrote a pretty good DBQ, but my FRQs weren't too great because I was running out of time (went long on DBQ). Monday is biology. I can't wait to be done so I can forget about them until mid-July when scores arrive.

What are our past exams and scores?
    I took US History last year (as sophomore) and scored a 5.

6. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I took AP US Gov't on Monday as a freshman. The multiple choice was harder than I expected based on practices tests and previous years' exams. The essays however were much easier than I expected. I think I did well (4 or 5).

7. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

About six years ago, I took the following:

AP Biology
    AP US History
    AP World History
    AP French
    AP Chemistry
    AP Physics
    AP US Government

I didn't think any of them except the French one was too tough. Mostly, in the end, I got tired of reviewing for them.

It did save me about 15 college credits, though...

8. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I took AP Gov. and AP Computer Science already. AP biology is on May 12th.

I completely didn't know one free response from my government. So I completely BSed that one. After that exam, everyone tells me they didn't know that answer. I felt kinda relieved by that but I dunno what I got now. I will be so happy if I can get a 4 though. I think the multiple choice was pretty easy. And since its been 3 days since AP exam, it was the fiscal policy one that I had the most problem on. I didn't know what that was. I knew what fiscal year was but I couldn't figure out what fiscal policy was. :(

One year ago, I took AP US history and AP English language. Got a 5 on History and a 4 on English. Was pretty happy.

9. buffalo macrumors 65816

I gotta say I thought the Bio exam was harder than I was expecting. What did you think Watabou?

10. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I just took it today. It was hard. I think i got a 4 on the multiple choice and a 2 on the free response. I fully expect me to get a 3 then. Damnit...the free responses are getting totally unexpected. I totally ran out of time on the multiple choice. I was at 96. I had four more to go so I just bubbled in at random xD. I had 30 minutes remaining for my free response...since I didn't know what to say to a question I didn't know lol. Oh well. Still, I heard that last years AP Bio passing rate was 80%. We'll see what happens this year.

11. buffalo macrumors 65816

I just called in to get my scores. Couldn't resist the temptation.

European History... 5
    Biology... 5

Biology was unexpected. I thought I would get a 4. Those essays were ridiculous and I was rushed on the last part of the multiple choice. Guess I did better than expected though. Euro was a swing between a 4 and a 5. I did well on the multiple choice, my DBQ was pretty good, but my FRQs were jokes.

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

wow congrats!

however looking back after i graduated college, my ap tests scores didnt do me any good as if your school was like mine and you are in honors program, it negates the ap scores in the sense you have to take required classes regardless

*wishes to go back in time and tell my 16-17 year old self to save the $70/test:mad:

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I took AP US on May 9th. The multiple choice and DBQ was easy( but the topic was something that interested me) while the free response was hard. Can't wait until I get my results. :)

14. buffalo macrumors 65816

I will probably have a similar story. If I can get into the Air Force Academy, then my AP scores will be mostly irrelevant, as I will take those classes again. However, I figure the AP scores will look good on any application, academy or otherwise.

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

afa has a beautiful campus. i looked into it too after hs. wanted to be a pilot. however my eyesight didnt let that happen so i went to colorado state and no regrets

hope you get in!

16. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Got my scores today!

I passed all of them. I am so happy!

Biology- 4 (Better than I was expecting)

Computer Sci A- 3 (Ah well. What can I say? Those damned free responses with the Critter was hard)

US Gov - 5 (Whoo. I knew I was getting to like Politics like never before.)

17. buffalo macrumors 65816

Congrats! Did you get the score report in the mail or did you call in?

18. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Mail. I'm patient enough :)

19. buffalo macrumors 65816

Huh. Still waiting on mine. After reading your post, I was hoping it would come today. No such luck. I want confirmation that I did not mishear the automated voice.

20. aethelbert thread starter macrumors 601

Might I ask what part of the country you live in? Your location section isn't specific enough, because Mercury and Earth are both big places.

21. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Fair enough. California.

EDIT: Most of my High school friends got their AP Scores. Didn't the collegeboard website say it should be in mid July? Haven't you gotten it yet?

22. buffalo macrumors 65816

Not yet. I was surprised that it did not come yesterday and even more surprised when it did not come in today's mail. Do you happen to remember on the envelope where the return address was? I remember receiving the report last year on the 12th so hopefully it will come tomorrow.

23. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

When I was in high school I didn't spend anytime taking AP classes. They were harder and in the end I had to take a test which if I failed I wouldn't get any college credit.

Instead of taking AP classes I just took actual college classes from the Community College and knocked out 16 hours of guaranteed classes without messing with the AP stuff. It was the best course for me but if you are really smart and can nail those tests then you can certainly knock out a bunch of classes pretty easy.

jon

24. aethelbert thread starter macrumors 601

Makes sense, the west coast almost always gets scores first as it's closer to where they get mailed from. I'm working in Switzerland right now, but my scores are getting mailed to the house in Indiana, so it'll probably take about another week. So if anyone hasn't received their scores yet, it's probably due to your location.

25. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

In the front, the only address there is is this:
    (insert collegeboard logo here)CollegeBoard AP
    P.O. Box 6671. Princeton, NJ 08541-6671