Advanced Search starts with lots of "random" numbers as keywords

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by simsaladimbamba, Feb 15, 2014.

1. simsaladimbamba

Hello,

in order to find ZERO post threads I have Advanced Search to search for such, but every now and then, when I open Advanced Search, numbers like the following appear in the Keywords field:
    Anyone knows, what they mean?

[​IMG]

embedded image is externally resized in wdith to 800 pixel

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I've never seen this before.

Are you hitting a special url? Or just http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php and those are already filled?

arn

3. simsaladimbamba thread starter Guest

simsaladimbamba

It happened thrice over the last three weeks. I cannot recreate the behaviour though.
    When going to Advanced Search I always use that Search dropdown menu on top of the website.

I use Safari 6 on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, which I forgot to add in my OP.

Since creating this thread, it hasn't happened again, I may have shut down my computer twice since then.
    The first two times I was not aware, that there would be that many numbers and thought it might have been GPS coordinates or even thread or post numbers, though we are still more than a millennium away from the 1392467704 number.

It does not irritate me, I was just curious, but the low amount of thread views and low response numbers probably indicate a "bug" on my end.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

no, I think it's a bug on our end, but not sure how it's happening.

If it happens again, please make sure to save the url that's in the address bar and send it to me.

arn@normalkid.com

Still trying to track this one down.

arn

----------

actually... maybe I've come across it.

Can you tell me exactly which search terms you specify when you are doing these searches?

Most Replies
    Which forums
    etc...

arn

5. simsaladimbamba thread starter Guest

simsaladimbamba

I use the advanced search just like pictured, I use no keywords, I search for threads with zero replies in all sub-fora created since yesterday.
    It does not really work, since I also get threads with one or more replies, but I at least get those zero reply threads.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

If it happens again, please copy/paste the URL that you used to get there.

This is a bug on our side. The numbers represent

(forumid youruserid date)

and looks like it lists all of them. But those values shouldn't leak into the form, obviously.

arn

7. simsaladimbamba thread starter Guest

simsaladimbamba

I will do so once it returns.