Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
MN
Sorry I didn't buy it two months ago it was a warranty replacement my original had that problem where the phone thinks it's connected to a dock so it wouldn't ring because it was outputting through a dock that was way more annoying. I've been looking around and it does seem to be a combination of bugs and my phone being a problem so I will probably take it in. I have the advantage of working 100 ft from an Apple store. I will say this it has not frozen since the update so maybe ill give it the weekend. Thanks for the advice guys.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Advice, do I need to just bite the bullet and upgrade to 5
My iPhone 4S (that is only a few months old) is struggling with iOS 6.
Doubtful that you need to. Are you looking for an excuse to ugprade? If not, troubleshoot the issue. Have you wiped and started with a clean slate on the 4S to determine if it's a software or hardware issue? A 4S can certainly handle IOS6. My wife's 4 handled IOS6 just fine.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for an excuse to upgrade then by all means do so.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
MN
I haven't had any problems the last day or so so I think with the update I'm going to wipe and start fresh this weekend.
I'm not really looking for an upgrade but I have available I was just going to wait a few months so its not a big deal either way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.