advice for round 2 on iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mckinnie, May 25, 2011.

1. mckinnie macrumors newbie

I got an iPhone 4 last summer when they were first released.. they still had issues so I ended up selling. With recent software updates I'm sure the issues have been fixed.

I got an HTC Inspire last month for an exception upgrade on my line. I absolutely hate it, past the 30 days so cannot take it back. I want my iPhone 4 back.

I've got options.. just wanting to know which would be the better one. There are 3 other lines on my account. I would have to pay the $600 pricing, and can't quite afford that being fresh out of high school. Would it make more sense to add a line and swap phones, exception upgrade on another line, or some other trick? I plan to sell the Inspire to make up for some cost.

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

As far as I'm concerned having A iPhone is worth at least one kidney and maybe a lobe of my liver or at least part of it.

3. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

even after all these "software" updates my service on an i4 with AT&T sucked. I have it on verizon and love it. hvn't dropped a call in the 2 months ive had it. My AT&T i4 dropped calls until i sold it a month ago and my bb 9700 bold still drops calls on at&t.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Do the other lines have upgrades available? If so, you can do an 'upgrade swap' and just use another upgrade on behalf of your line. Otherwise, you can sell the HTC Inspire, take a small loss, and pay $399 for an iPhone 4 (early upgrade pricing)

5. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You definitely don't want to add another line (sidenote: what does someone just out of HS need with 4 lines). The monthly charges on that line would eventually be more than the non-contract pricing of the new iPhone. If you're never going to use the Inspire again, I'd just sell it to off-set your costs and go with non-contract pricing (or find someone willing to sell you an iphone 4 cheap on ebay).

6. mckinnie thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd gladly do the $399 pricing on my line but on Apple's site it shows the $599 pricing. Is that wrong? Like I said, I just exception upgraded to this Inspire in April, so can I still get the $399 pricing on an iP4?

And btw, I'm on my parent's family plan.. which is why there is 4 lines.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You might want to check your carrier's website as well. They may quote you something differently. But early upgrading may not be avaiable since you used an upgrade so recently.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I agree. Or better yet, just walk into an AT&T Store. I believe you might have to wait 6 months for an early upgrade. Not sure, but ask.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You should try and sell the HTC Inspire on eBay or Craig's List to recoup at least $250-$300, so you're not paying $6-700 for a new iPhone 4.

10. mckinnie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, sold the inspire on eBay for $310, added a line for a white iPhone 4 + AppleCare for $288. Very satisfied with the purchase! :apple:

11. pyro008 macrumors 6502

It boggles my mind how someone can use a phone for 30 days and not determine whether they hate it or not until after the month is up.

12. mckinnie thread starter macrumors newbie

It boggles my mind why people make narcissistic comments when they aren't needed and don't add anything constructive to the thread. If you must know, I had personal issues and complications with both the phone and android that conveniently arose after my 30 days were up. Go somewhere.

13. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I went here.

14. mckinnie thread starter macrumors newbie

You're cool!

Anyhow, this thread can be closed.. got the phone and enjoy it.