Advice/Recs for selling Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TH3D4RKKN1GH7, Jun 28, 2016.

1. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Hey guys! I'm looking to offload my trash can Mac Pro (no need for the horsepower anymore) and I was wondering if anyone had any online sale site recommendations? I have zero experience selling used computers—have only traded machines in for store credit at places like Tekserve—I could use all the help I can get!

2. SuperMatt macrumors 6502

SuperMatt

I highly recommend craigslist. You can meet the buyer in person at a place of your choosing, and there are no fees to be paid to a middleman, nor any shipping costs. If you live in a more rural area, this might not be feasible, so you might have to try eBay. However, for selling a "big-ticket" item like this, eBay's fees are quite high.

3. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

The marketplace here is always a good option! (Have to reach a certain criteria to see it)

4. Barry Bishop macrumors member

Barry Bishop

Prices are cheap in SF...6k machines are selling for 2.5k

5. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Yeah, man! I have a $4.8K build and I thought (stupidly) I may be able to get $3K for it, with a few goodies thrown in. NOPE.

6. CapnDavey macrumors 6502

CapnDavey

Caution on selling on craigslist never ship anything to a buyer I had a scammer try and hook me with a fake check so beware always deal local.