Advice requested

jbrooksga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
18
0
My current vz phone is a blackberry storm2 which is....well....it sucks.

I have an upgrade available and want an iphone 4. My concern is getting it now and having an updated phone out within weeks. My options are:

  1. Wait
  2. Upgrade and take my chances
  3. Buy a new unboxed iphone 4 for $425 now from a trusted seller, use it until the updated phone is released, upgrade then sell the iphone 4

My assumption is that the slightly used iphone 4 would be worth most of my cost, giving me the option to upgrade in a couple of months or whenever is appropriate.
 

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
1,032
171
Tampa Area, FL
If you're in a position where you can't wait, or are really impatient like myself, go with option 3. I'm sure you can sell your iPhone 4 for close to 2x what you'll be able to get the iPhone 5 for once it's released. If you can wait though, do that.
 

L I G H T I N G

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
228
0
Just wait a few weeks, I have been waiting since the beginning of the YEAR for the 5th iteration of the Touch.
 

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
7,563
34
Rumor has it that iPhone 5 will be released sometime in Sept/Oct.

If you don't need a new phone right now, then wait.
If you care about having the latest technology, then wait or buy a iPhone 4 off contract, sell, and buy iPhone 5.
If you aren't bothered with the latest technology, then just save yourself the trouble and buy it now. It's a nice phone; one of my friends is buying her phone tomorrow.
 

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
2,148
0
The United States
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait. That's the best option. ;)
 

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
20,566
10,449
UK
If you love the look of the 4 get that

depends how interested you are in getting the latest bit of kit.
 

jbrooksga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
18
0
I did not mention that my company is actually paying for the upgrade, so my cost on that part is zero. I would only stand to lose the difference between the $425 non-contract iphone 4 and what it could be sold for after the 5/4s/whatever is released.
 

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
1,032
171
Tampa Area, FL
My friend was in the same position last week. He had a crapped out BB Storm company phone and they were going to buy him whatever replacement he wanted. He went with the iPhone 4 and he's very happy with it. He's not a tech geek, so not having the iPhone 5 as soon as it's released won't bother him. Do what makes you happy.
 

jbrooksga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
18
0
I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the iPhone 4. Even being a techie, I'm very pleased with it so far. The screen resolution is so much crisper than any other phone I've used. Nor do I notice the delays in switching apps as was typical with the BB and the earlier generation droid phones.
 

Similar threads

  • Brandy-Boi
11
Replies
11
Views
992
Replies
14
Views
1K
  • A Mike A
4
Replies
4
Views
460
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.