Advice requested

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbrooksga, Jul 16, 2011.

1. jbrooksga macrumors newbie

My current vz phone is a blackberry storm2 which is....well....it sucks.

I have an upgrade available and want an iphone 4. My concern is getting it now and having an updated phone out within weeks. My options are:

1. Wait
    2. Upgrade and take my chances
    3. Buy a new unboxed iphone 4 for $425 now from a trusted seller, use it until the updated phone is released, upgrade then sell the iphone 4

My assumption is that the slightly used iphone 4 would be worth most of my cost, giving me the option to upgrade in a couple of months or whenever is appropriate.

2. tardman91 macrumors 65816

tardman91

If you're in a position where you can't wait, or are really impatient like myself, go with option 3. I'm sure you can sell your iPhone 4 for close to 2x what you'll be able to get the iPhone 5 for once it's released. If you can wait though, do that.

3. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

Just wait a few weeks, I have been waiting since the beginning of the YEAR for the 5th iteration of the Touch.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Rumor has it that iPhone 5 will be released sometime in Sept/Oct.

If you don't need a new phone right now, then wait.
    If you care about having the latest technology, then wait or buy a iPhone 4 off contract, sell, and buy iPhone 5.
    If you aren't bothered with the latest technology, then just save yourself the trouble and buy it now. It's a nice phone; one of my friends is buying her phone tomorrow.

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait. That's the best option. ;)

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

If you love the look of the 4 get that

depends how interested you are in getting the latest bit of kit.

7. jbrooksga thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not mention that my company is actually paying for the upgrade, so my cost on that part is zero. I would only stand to lose the difference between the $425 non-contract iphone 4 and what it could be sold for after the 5/4s/whatever is released.

8. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I'd stay with the BB until a new iPhone is released. You can make it...hang in there.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you like the current iPhone, pick one up. No matter what gets released, the 4 is still nowhere even remotely close to outdated.

10. tardman91 macrumors 65816

tardman91

My friend was in the same position last week. He had a crapped out BB Storm company phone and they were going to buy him whatever replacement he wanted. He went with the iPhone 4 and he's very happy with it. He's not a tech geek, so not having the iPhone 5 as soon as it's released won't bother him. Do what makes you happy.

11. jbrooksga thread starter macrumors newbie

I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the iPhone 4. Even being a techie, I'm very pleased with it so far. The screen resolution is so much crisper than any other phone I've used. Nor do I notice the delays in switching apps as was typical with the BB and the earlier generation droid phones.