advise on color please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stphnthdr, Oct 5, 2013.

1. stphnthdr macrumors newbie

i'm torn between space gray and silver. i love the sexiness of space gray but i also think that ios 7 blends better with white front! is it? :apple:

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I went from a black iPhone 5 to a silver iPhone 5s, and I absolutely love it.

Thats just me though, it's all personal preference.

I'd recommend getting your hands on them in store if possible.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I went white cause of the scuffs are harder to see.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

This is going to be your phone, not someone else's, so no one can hold your hand, and guide you to a color. Look at them, and make a decision on what you like, not what a stranger likes. :)

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

gender do not play a role with the color.. please. :rolleyes:

get what you want but i ordered gold/white ip5s and im rocking the white/silver ip5 right now and everyone loves it. if you're secured with your sexuality, the phone color shouldn't be an issue.

7. blah007 macrumors member

I had black iPhones ever since, then when the 5s came out I got a white/silver and I LOVE it!! Black 5 to a white 5s

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I had to settle with a space gray one because there was no gold, but man this thing is so sexy, I actually wouldn't trade it for a gold one anymore :D

9. noobinator macrumors 601

Actually it does play a role.

The men who are insecure say Silver/Gold is girly. See, they need to overcompensate and try to be manly 24/7.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Hermaphrodite = must buy both!

Silly nonsense of gender specific colors.

Actually, you can buy either color no matter what your gender.

At least that's true here in the adult world...

:rolleyes: :D

11. BC-2 macrumors member

BC-2

Me too. Always had black phones so I wanted to switch it up. That and white hides flaws better (smudges, finger prints etc). Ironically, I didn't like the white last year on the iPhone 5 even though it's the same but it really grew on me with the 5s. It's all personal preference but I'm very happy with it.

Regarding the gender thing.... I'm not that insecure.

12. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I went from a black iPhone 5 to a gold 5S. I previously had white iPhones and felt I should go back to the black version. Having a white faced iPhone reminds me of how much I love my device, it looks very clean stylish in my opinion. I'd say go white :D

13. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

A phone?…SEXY?!?!?!……..I don't think the color of your phone is going to help you with that…..

I got the silver because it's a great looking phone however I find that it has not improvement to my sex appeal at all.

14. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I prefer the white face. I had a white 4S and got the black 5 and hated it. Missed the white front. So I went with the silver 5s and am very happy. The space gray looks nice, better than the black, but I wanted a white faced phone again.

15. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'd say it really comes down to the white or black screen bezel. I had a white iPhone 5, but ended up going with a space grey iPhone 5S. I liked the white 5, but really ended up feeling that the white bezel took a way from the screen a bit. I wouldn't say the white iPhone takes anything away from the screen, but the black bezel is easier on the eyes in my opinion. The black bezel really looks like a continuation of the screen when the screen is off, and frames the screen very well when it is actually on. Also, the space grey model with the new home button looks incredibly sleek. It reminds me of a B-2.

TL;DR
    Bezel is probably the major factor. I think black is a bit easier on the eyes.

16. rodmo macrumors newbie

After purchasing black consistently for years, I've gone silver with then 5S.
    Love it.

17. syd430 Guest

I see this posted a lot here and it's a flawed way of thinking imo. When you're using the device you want the surroundings to fade away. That is why I always go for black. On the other hand, if you prefer the look of the white iphone (with the screen off) and don't mind the distraction of boarder while using it, then you might want to go with white. I wouldn't choose based on how "iOS 7 blends in" as the black tends to fade away, so it's a non issue.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't like the white front, so for me the choice is easy: Space Gray.

19. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I prefer the white, I'm going from a white/silver 4S to a white/gold 5S.

When I got my 3G on launch day, black was the only choice, I was happy when white became available.

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

White pretty much always looks cleaner. Black front phones look smudged up more often.

Black front phones have a less distracting bezel.

Those really are the only major considerations.

I prefer white. I've had white since the iPhone 4.

21. ABC5S macrumors 68040

See OP. Color is subjective. You now have suggestions all over the board here. So just pick which one you like. Not what others like. ;)

22. celly macrumors 6502

Exactly.

My preference will always be the black faced iPhones regardless of what colour the back is. Just so happens I'm really liking the Space Gray back, but I haven't seen it in a few days anyhow because it's in a black leather case (Apple).

The choice should always come down to black vs white and what YOU like. Peer pressure should never play a factor in your decision. For what it's worth, a lot of guys buy white phones. I don't think it's "girly".

23. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I had the white & silver in the iPhone 5 and got sick of the colour after a few months. This was my first white iPhone and my last. I found that after a while I found the white made the iPhone look less premium IMO.

When I got my 5s I went with the black & space grey. It's far nicer than the white IMO. Looks a lot more premium. So glad with my colour choice.

If you can get to an Apple Store, I would recommend that you go in and look at the iPhones that are out on display, and see which of the colours catch your eye first.

24. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I have had a white faced front iPhone since the 4. Briefly thought about changing it up for the 5S and going Space Grey, but realized I really liked the white. Very happy with my white/silver 5S!

25. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I had a black 4s as my first iPhone and got a white iPad mini. The smudging is definitely more obvious on the black. I got my 5s on launch day and only had the space gray option available and have been quite happy with it. It is a huge upgrade from the 4s. My original plans were to wait for the gold. They all look nice, I didn't have any great desire for one over the other, just wanted the gold because it was different. When I saw them all, even though they were not all in stock, I liked the fact that the black/space gray one blended in with the screen. If you are leaning towards a specific one, then go for that one after looking them all over, then go with that. They are all good and I do not feel like I settled for the space gray.