Aereo TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jnesbitt82, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I just received this email about an hour ago.

"We've arrived!

Thank you for pre-registering for Aereo. To show our appreciation for your early interest, we're excited to offer you exclusive access to Aereo before it becomes available to the general public in Cincinnati.

Ready to record and watch TV online? There is no long-term commitment; cancel anytime during your free month and you will not be billed. We hope you enjoy it! "

I pre-registered for this service months ago. The first month is free then $8 per month. It includes free DVR service as well. Anyone else using this service?

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Would be nice with cable. OTA channels you can get free.

3. Jnesbitt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Unfortunately for me, I live about 60 miles always from Cincinnati. The digital over the air tuners never worked at our house. At least I can watch the local news again. The only other services we have is Netflix and a 50mbps internet connection from Time Warner.

4. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I'm using this with a Roku 3 box (private channel) and it works very well. Picture quality is almost as good as my comcast cable, which I just disconnected today. The fact that the Roku remote allows for 30 second skip is even better!

5. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

6. Jnesbitt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I suppose I'm lucky autocorrect didn't change it to that when I posted. lol Since I posted this, Ive given up on it. It was too much of a hassle to use. Instead, we're holding on tight to Netflix. I just bought a second Apple TV for our 5yo daughter's room. I had to spread the love this week since I bought myself a thunderbolt monitor. :)