Afraid to unbox my new i phone 7...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doba87, Oct 6, 2016.

1. doba87 macrumors newbie

Im getting my new IP7 next week, but after i read about all the complaints that pepole have on the device, Im afraid that from the minute its in my hand I'll look for the problems that everyone talked about Instead of enjoy it..

There are those who just enjoy the device as it should be ?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Uh. Have some self control? Just use it and enjoy it instead of nit-picking it to death.

Yeah, I imagine most of the members here along with the majority of the rest of the iPhone owners in the world just use their device as it should be used.

3. bbednarz57 macrumors member

bbednarz57

If you're looking for things to complain about then you will find them. Just enjoy it. It is only a phone.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

And if you find something you don't like, go back to Apple store and demand a replacement, very easy, isn't it :)

5. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

It's just a phone. As long as there aren't huge scratches on it out of the box, don't worry about it. Just don't look at it under a bright light to examine it for hairline marks.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Forums like this give a VERY distorted view of reality. Here we have a handful of people who take their devices very seriously, which is fine, there's nothing wrong with being an enthusiast. But for every person here who complains about some flaw, which is usually very minor, there are MILLIONS of people who are completely satisfied with their device. It's the technology version of hypochondria. If you're obsessively worried about finding something wrong with your phone you WILL find something wrong. If you just relax and enjoy it you probably won't.

7. Ironman1964 macrumors regular

Ironman1964

Just enjoy it. Sorry some are having problems or are just plain hard to please. I moved from a 6s plus and I am glad I did. Even though there aren't earth shattering upgrades from the 6s to the 7, I just love having the newest iPhone.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Don't do it.
    Just send it back so you can enjoy life again :D

9. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

I tried three times this week to purchase an iPhone 7. All three had nicks/dings/deep scratches out of the box. I was shocked and disappointed. I wasn't looking hard for the flaws, the were very obvious. Last one I didn't even leave the store. Returned for a refund. Bummer.

10. Smoothie macrumors 6502

Wow. You have very bad luck. I wouldn't want to be a passenger in your plane.

My iPhone 7 is fine.

11. beernut macrumors 6502

just remember that when you eventually do take it out of the box -- DO IT ON A TABLE OR FLAT SURFACE (as opposed to something like holding it in your hand while showing it to a buddy saying "hey, check out my new phone" *plop*plop**fizz*fizz*

12. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

I seem to have very bad luck with Apple products in general...least in terms of getting a good one. Far back as the 3GS. Bad screens, poor assembly, loose buttons, etc. If I wasn't so tied to iOS and the ecosystem I would try something else. I know nothing is perfect, but geez. And I'm not even as picky as I used to be...lowered expectations.

13. HEK Suspended

HEK

Stop reading this forum NOW!

You are going to pollute your mind with worry and negative thoughts. Remember few people come on here to say everything is working fine. People come here to either seek help with an issue or feed an agenda.

Consider the few dozens of people with issues out of millions of users. Stay occupied, don't read issues of the few on here, and enjoy your new phone when it arrives. Chances are a million to one that everything will be just fine.

14. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Ok after having my first device replaced due to overheating while on the charger, I'll just tell you this. It's going to "hiss" when you first set it up. It may "hiss" all day long. This is called coil whine and it happens on every processor. The iPhone 7 has a quad-core processor that uses a lot more energy which is why you hear it.

The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, just transformed from one form to another. These forms can include kinetic and potential energy as well as light, heat and sound. Energy can also be transferred between objects. Since energy cannot be created or destroyed, the amount of energy present in the universe is always the same. It is simply being transformed and transferred over and over again.

I would be concerned if the device get's extremely hot or makes a noise after the first day and a half of use and the phone is idle or performing a small task such as reading email, checking your bank, etc...

The reason I replaced the old phone is because it got too hot while charging, hotter than the iPhone 6S on the charger, and it was making an audible noise after 2 days while idle. My new phone stopped making noise after 12 hours had passed from the initial setup.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

16. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

17. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

Haven't had any problems with my 7+. Not sure what you mean exactly. It's a phone, enjoy it for what it is.

18. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I've had every model of iPhone since the 3G. I've never returned one, or gotten a bad one as far as I can tell. I did need to have a bum battery replaced in my iPhone 5, but other than that, no problems at all. We've used all of the phones for at least 3 years, and some of them for 4 years (I pass them down to other family members).

I recognize that everybody will not have the exact same experience, but when I hear about people returning 3 or 4 phones every damn year until they find the "perfect" one, I can't help but think they are just a bit too picky.

19. hinesmj macrumors regular

Been loving my iPhone 7+ JB 128. No hiss. No "coil whine" or whatever. Screen is incredible. Bluetooth works. Home button is awesome. No scratches. I have a feeling my experience is the norm. Just open your phone and enjoy it and stop reading these forums.

20. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Not sure how much (or little) life experience you've had, but the overwhelming majority of people who purchase an iPhone 7 will be happy with it. It will work out-of-the-box as expected and continue working satisfactorily for years. Not sure what your other life-changing expectations are from a phone. As with most things in life, if you approach your purchase from a positive perspective you'll likely be quite happy with it. But if you approach it expecting it to be a piece of crap from day one, that's what you'll end up with. Personally, my new iPhone 7 is perfect and makes me very happy. So there.

21. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

There are people in this world that are constantly looking for problems. Don't be one of them.

Stay positive and positive things will happen in your life.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You could have a hurricane heading your way so relax and enjoy your new phone

23. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Not all phones hiss. Mine did not. It did get a little warmer than normal during the iTunes restore, which is normal. I checked the hiss during this time and there was no sound.

All electronic devices may have an issue. The difference with the iPhone is everybody gets them at once and that is why a few problems are mentioned on these boards. Yes, some are real issues, some are not. When I see someone write the phone was damaged out of the box with no pictures, I tend to not believe them. There are numerous people on these boards who like to say things to get people going.

24. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

The Universal Human Reaction to almost everything happening in 2016.