Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Apple must hate forums like this!
I suspect they take little notice. If you every worked retail, you know there is a small segment of nut cases that can never be pleased.

When you become the most profitable company selling over one Billion of a product you must be doing most things right.

There is a valid reason Apple does NOT base product design on focus groups or consumer polls. It may be arrogant to some, but that "we know what is best attitude" has certainly resonated with vast majority of customers. To the point Apple is richer than most counties.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
what complaints are you talking about the phone is amazing. Is it a HUGE advancement over the 6S no not really but for a phone it is an amazing piece of tech. There are maybe 10 people complaining about the same weird stuff (not that it isn't justified) like a "creak" when they pick up their phone from the corner in a silent room....stuff like that isn't complaint enough not to get and enjoy what is possibly the best phone currently on the market (that doesn't explode...sorry had to)

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Im getting my new IP7 next week, but after i read about all the complaints that pepole have on the device, Im afraid that from the minute its in my hand I'll look for the problems that everyone talked about Instead of enjoy it..

There are those who just enjoy the device as it should be ?

You have to realize that MacRumors is not even close to representative of the general population of tech consumers. We care more about our devices than most people.

Take that a step further and you have a small subset of users here who are obsessive compulsive complainers who can't be pleased. Unfortunately, as is the case with all fringe groups, they are loud, repetitive and shrill. So they have a tendency to dominate discussions from time to time, giving the whole community the appearance that we all hate Apple products.

As others have said, Apple is one of the most successful organizations in the history of the world. They make good stuff.

So take a deep breath, relax, open the box and enjoy your new iPhone. It's going to be great. And if it's not, send it back to Apple so they can apologize and send you one that is.:)

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
You're always going to hear much more from the unhappy customers than you are from the happy ones, we like a good grumble ;)

But don't let it put you off, out of tens of millions of devices there are always, always going to be problems with some. Doesn't matter what the product is, you just don't get a 0% failure rate.

Open your phone, use it, enjoy it, you've a better chance of having one without a problem than you have of getting one with a problem.

pendragon1984

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
I've owned the original, the 3G, the 4, the 6, and now the 7. No problems with first three. However I returned the 6 twice for there being a dark strip at the top of the screen. All me replacements had the problem too. I eventually gave up. Lived with the black strip for 2 years. Now the 7s seem to have uneven tint with the bottoms being warmer. I'm on my 4the replacement weeks apart. All have the issue. Current one is the best. I have ordered 2 more to compare. I'll probably end up living with the defect for 2 years, because I can't find better. It's just insane how poor the quality control is now. The drive for profits has destroyed the company. They can't make quality anymore. I realize most people don't care that the bottoms of their phone screens are warmer, but I do. Totally defeats the entire aesthetic appeal of the phone.

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Im getting my new IP7 next week, but after i read about all the complaints that pepole have on the device, Im afraid that from the minute its in my hand I'll look for the problems that everyone talked about Instead of enjoy it..

There are those who just enjoy the device as it should be ?

I'm definitely enjoying it since I don't have the issues most people are seeing. In addition, I just found my the first set of micro scratches on my JB 7+. It's nice to let go of the anxiety that comes with overprotection of the phone. I'm just going to rock it naked and see what happens.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
ca22ee79315ba50866e0e927957b9061.jpg

i'd leave it sealed bro, don't open the box!!!
LMAO

Gzalito

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
APPLE w/Steve Jobs

1- Preorder
2- Receive phone on launch day
3- Open the box
3.5- *drool*
4- Insert sim
5- Enjoy the best phone ever
6- Tell everyone how good Apple is

APPLE wo/Steve Jobs

1- Prey
2- Preorder
3- Preorder again
4- Still preordering
5- Didn't got what i wanted
6- Make a 6hr line on launch day
7 (optional)- Still don't got what i wanted
8- Prey
9- Open the box
10- Check for scratches, micro abrasions, lines
11- Check for misaligned sim trays
12- Check for creaking noises
13- Power up phone
14- Check for yellow tint screen
15- Open camera app , record a video
16- Check for white noise on video recorded
17- Enjoy a good phone
18- Tell everyone how good Apple was

Reactions: alisalem

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
APPLE w/Steve Jobs

1- Preorder
2- Receive phone on launch day
3- Open the box
3.5- *drool*
4- Insert sim
5- Enjoy the best phone ever
6- Tell everyone how good Apple is

APPLE wo/Steve Jobs

1- Prey
2- Preorder
3- Preorder again
4- Still preordering
5- Didn't got what i wanted
6- Make a 6hr line on launch day
7 (optional)- Still don't got what i wanted
8- Prey
9- Open the box
10- Check for scratches, micro abrasions, lines
11- Check for misaligned sim trays
12- Check for creaking noises
13- Power up phone
14- Check for yellow tint screen
15- Open camera app , record a video
16- Check for white noise on video recorded
17- Enjoy a good phone
18- Tell everyone how good Apple was
Lol as much as I want to say this is bogus, its pretty true. Ive owned every iphone since 2007, did all the lining up, pre orders and the quality is awful now.

Guess with the more stuff they put in the phone, it makes thing harder to do. But screen quality was way better with the 4 than these phones now. Apple can't figure out screen calibration at all.

Reactions: Gzalito

alisalem

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2013
Mississauga, ON
I got a silver iPhone 7 yesterday and everything that was reported on the forum is sadly true.

- Display is warmer than the 6s. I noticed that the silver iPhone 7's had cooler displays on some YouTube videos, but it still is warmer regardless.
- There is a stutter when using the home button (app switcher and minimizing apps)
- There is a hissing sound when the phone is under moderate load that can be heard in recorded videos.

These are not minor issues for an expensive phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.