After holding iPad 2, will you leave it naked?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Mar 11, 2011.

?

Will you leave iPad 2 naked?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    49.7%
  2. No

85 vote(s)
    50.3%
  1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

It just feels so good. The new design is exactly how a tablet should feel.

I've come the conclusion that I'm going to keep it naked. Only a blue smart cover for me.

2. ozred macrumors 6502

I always do.

Except for AntennagatePhone.

A farce on a good day.

How much longer will they stall as they refresh their endless reserve of denials ?

3. makefunnyfaces, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

No. I love it naked, but I want to keep my resell value high because I always upgrade.

4. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Take it to the iPhone forum.

I'm leaving my iPad 2 naked when holding it.

5. shen, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

shen macrumors 6502

I really do prefer naked, especially with the curve on the backside, though it is almost equally a shame to cover up the top front. The lines are just too impressive. Some coverings have the ability to really enhance or bring out good lines and make overall presentation better, and I do like leather from time to time. But especially when you are talking about actual touch/feel and holding, naked is by far the best.

But then, my wife is amazingly hot, and in incredible shape.

Oh wait, wrong forum.

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I really want to keep it naked, but I'm worried about scratches.

Can anyone that had an iPad 1 comment on it's "scratchability"?

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

8. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

The screen should be fine unprotected. The back, well... I'd get something.

9. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Nope. I hate even the remote possibility that I might scratch up the beautiful back of it. I'll most likely buy a skin for it unless I got with a case that I put it in... which I don't want to do.

10. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I plan to keep it naked with just a smart cover but I also picked up an incase sleeve for when I travel with it.

11. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

bought a smart cover and will probably buy a bodyguardz or something. We'll see how long it lasts. I do have a 2 year old!

12. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I dunno it just feels super fragile. I'm nervous. My iPad 1 in the apple case was like a trapper keeper I just tossed it around and was still flawless when I sold it. Hopefully someone makes an iPad 1 like case with the screen wake functionality built in and I'll buy it.

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I love it - it feels fantastic with just the SmartCover on front. That being said, I will be ordering an artsy-looking Gelaskin STAT to cover that back. That aluminum scratches if you look at it sideways. I'd rather Gelaskin it before it gets scratched, that way for resale I can just peel it off.

I will probably put it in a sleeve also though for transport... it does feel fragile (but so thin and light). :)

14. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

The Grove Bamboo Case has a smart cover built in. It's the only one I've seen, though. I'm thinking about ordering one!

15. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I kept my iPad 1 in a Portenzo notebook case--loved the look and feel, also kept the iPad a bit inconspicuous. I was considering getting the new Portenzo for the iPad 2 but after holding it, it's such a shame to cover up such a great design--very thin and much more comfortable to hold naked compared to the original. I bought a cheap Case Logic sleeve for the iPad 2 in anticipation of picking it up yesterday and will probably just use that for a while.

BTW, according to Portenzo, the new case will also have the Smart Cover functionality (sleep/wake).

16. SublimatioN macrumors newbie

Leaving mine naked for now. I have one of the smart covers, and might put something on the back is Zagg makes an InvisibleShield for it.

17. xMBPx macrumors regular

I don't use a case for my MacBook Pro and it has no scratches/flaws. No need to use one for my iPad either. I do however, have the smart cover to protect the screen. That thing is just too darn cool!

18. tsekh macrumors member

I had a the Sena Ultraslim case for my iPad 1 that I used when I put the iPad into other bags to carry around. But I didn't use any other case to protect my iPad 1. After a year of use there is no scratch anywhere. I guess I am going to stay naked for the iPad 2, except for the smart cover.

19. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

It feels much better to hold than the original iPad. The curves feel great.

20. iSingandiDance thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Looking back on it, it was great that there were few third party cases at launch. I didn't feel as obligated to cover up iPad 2 as I did 1. But truthfully, 1 just felt bulky, naked or not.

21. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

Nice!

22. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I just have a screen protector on, the rest is left naked.

23. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

mmmmm. I think if I were to buy an iPad 2 - that I would leave it completely naked. I especially loathe the smart cover.

I had my iPhone 2G naked for years in various autoshops, on tour, etc (things that inspire end users to buy cases) and I have had my MacBook since the end of '08 naked.

The only reason I use a case with the iPhone 4 is because of the glass on the rear. It looks great. Feels great. Everything about it - except is great, except for the whole 'glass shatters' part.

24. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I'll get a case for mine. I have one for my iPhone 4 and I still love when I take the case off and it's in perfect condition. I love seeing the back without any scratches and I think I'll feel the same way once I get a case for my iPad 2. :D

25. nicole88 macrumors newbie

lovely ipad cases

i won't let it naked,because there will be scratches.in fact there is a lots of beautiful and cute cases.