iPad After Jailbreak- GPS won't work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jgfink, May 3, 2010.

1. jgfink macrumors member

I jailbroke my iPad. Maps can't locate me anymore. Any ideas? I did search and others had this issue, so I made a thread about it.

2. bnerd macrumors regular

Working fine for me. Sorry to here you're having a problem.

3. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Works fine for me too after JB. You probably installed a Cydia app that's causing this but who knows.

4. jgfink thread starter macrumors member

It may have been SBSettings. I knew it was too early to install. I'll probably restore tomorow and try again. Damn.

5. pirarre macrumors 6502

My GPS doesn't work either. I am restoring my ipad now. What I will do is add all my JB apps one by one and check my GPS/Maps app after each JB app installation. I'll post back in a couple minutes.

6. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

its sbsettings...does the same to my jb iphone.

7. aerospace macrumors 6502a

In order to free yourself from the shackles of apple you must become lost.

It's kinda poetic :p

8. pirarre macrumors 6502

Oh ok. yeah I did install that last night. But uninstalled it to because of the bug. After I uninstalled it though, I still had the problem. So I am going restore and re-add my my apps.

9. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

10. 2jzgze macrumors newbie

11. microman macrumors newbie

hmm.. weird, same here.. dang.. hope there is a fix soon

12. pirarre macrumors 6502

Well after I restored and jailbroke my ipad again, maps/gps did work. However, after I installed the following apps using PKG Backup, maps stopped working again. The apps that Pkg Backup installed are:

MIM
    iSteamy
    iFile
    Fontswap
    Rock
    Braless
    backgrounder

I am going to not use Pkg Backup this tme to install my apps. I have no choice but to install one app, test map, install another app,test map and so forth.

Do anybody have any of those apps I have listed installed on your ipad? Maybe if everyone has a common app, we can pinpoint which app is causing the GPS Maps not to work.

13. 2jzgze macrumors newbie

The only app I have in common with you is backgrounder...aww man, i do hope its not backgrounder tho!

14. pirarre macrumors 6502

I am installing the apps now.I will install backgrounder last. However If everything works fine before I install backgrounder, I will assume that's the problem and will not install.

15. microman macrumors newbie

I dont have backgrounder yet, so it cant be just that

16. pirarre macrumors 6502

Well I restored, added my apps back along with the JB apps. I tested maps after I installed each JB app and it worked. However, I did not install Backgrounder. I think that that's the app that's conflicting with the Map/GPS apps. Plus we both have the same problem and the only app we have in common is backgrounder. So I'm going leave backgrounder uninstalled for now.

17. Gqkevyn macrumors newbie

I don't think it's backgrounder my gps was working this morning but now it's not. I've been using backgrounder since last night (first app I installed). The gps was fine then.

18. pirarre macrumors 6502

Well I'm sorry but I know when I installed had backgrounder installed along with all those other apps, my maps/gps didn't work. Idk maybe mine stopped working because I restored all my JB apps by using Pkg backup. While this time I individually installed each app or maybe backgrounder might as well have a bug. idk..I'll let someone else think of what it be.

19. 2jzgze macrumors newbie

I am in the process of restoring and I will be jailbreaking and installing background first...I will let you know

20. 2jzgze macrumors newbie

I can confirm that backgrounder is fine and that GPS still works with it installed.

I believe the problems came up when I installed SB settings.

21. cirial macrumors regular

Think this may be it

22. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

All I want is to install backgrounder and categories has anyone used these two without issue? Oh and I might want to install installious as well

23. Gqkevyn macrumors newbie

I did have installous at one point that may have been the problem for me. I never got sb settings, but there could be multiple apps that's causing this. Unfortunely at the moment even removing all those apps doesn't help.

24. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

I am having the same issue with Maps and have not installed SBsettings ever, but I do have backgrounder loaded... :(