Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I find CEX expensive; plus, their B & M shops smell bad.
CEX seems quite well priced for most (not all) things. Stick to their Grade A stock and you'll be fine :)

I haven't noticed a smelly one yet, only a dirty one. Although certain stores are cleaner than others. Where I live 3 out of 4 are really clean and spotless and the products are mint and look new. The dirty store also had dirty products. So if the store looks clean, chances are the products will be clean. If the store looks dirty, dirty products! :)

Also they provide 2 year warranty on all items. Buy an Apple Watch 1 year later at half the price and get 2 years warranty. If it dies after 23 months they either replace it or refund the current market price.

You can't go wrong :)

Reactions: Ffosse and OllyW

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
CEX seems quite well priced for most (not all) things. Stick to their Grade A stock and you'll be fine :)

I haven't noticed a smelly one yet, only a dirty one. Although certain stores are cleaner than others. Where I live 3 out of 4 are really clean and spotless and the products are mint and look new. The dirty store also had dirty products. So if the store looks clean, chances are the products will be clean. If the store looks dirty, dirty products! :)

Also they provide 2 year warranty on all items. Buy an Apple Watch 1 year later at half the price and get 2 years warranty. If it dies after 23 months they either replace it or refund the current market price.

You can't go wrong :)

The CEX in Milton Keynes stinks of smelly people... Urgh!

Reactions: Ffosse

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Both CEX stores near me absolutely stink of BO, it's so bad my girlfriend refuses to go in anymore and either waits outside or goes in a different shop.

Yeah, proper smell! Same smell that used to be in the old Blockbuster stores! lol

If the people that frequent the store have such bad hygiene there is NO WAY I'm buying a watch band from there!

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Yeah, proper smell! Same smell that used to be in the old Blockbuster stores! lol

If the people that frequent the store have such bad hygiene there is NO WAY I'm buying a watch band from there!
I must be lucky! Luckily the stores don't smell. One just looks dirty. There was a stinky guy in front of me before but after he left, the smell went with him! If I bought the watch he used to own, well, I think it's not a good idea to think about stuff like that when you visit CEX :)

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom

Exactly, I only sell stuff to CEX or buy if it's A Grade sealed (bought a couple of sealed watch bands and iPhone cases last year) otherwise in general I don't buy used tech anyway. God knows what the previous owner has been touching then touching the tech. :p

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Or if they are really lucky, at a third of the price with 11 months AppleCare+ remaining. :cool:

I don't know how many times you bragged in the forums about how little you paid for your AW already. Give it a rest.

Reactions: xDKP

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't know how many times you bragged in the forums about how little you paid for your AW already. Give it a rest.

So OllyW saved some money by purchasing a used Apple Watch and he mentions it in on an Apple Watch forum, doesn't equate to bragging. I'm on the Apple Watch forum quite frequently and I never saw a post he "Bragged" about a used Apple Watch.

Another forum member sharing their experience(s) isn't equivalent to bragging. Many forum members have purchased used Apple Watches on here and discussed their thoughts frequently, should their posts be construed as "Bragging" as well?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.