Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Changing your opinions on a phone that you haven't used because you mis-read reviews?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Ive read most of them and the 6 plus was better...only downside was the size.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Many of the reviews I read noted the sharper display, better pictures, and much better battery life in the 6 Plus (whereas the 6 was found to have equivalent or worse battery life than the 5s).

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Doesn't everyone basically rate the iPhone 6 above the Plus because they aren't fond of the size? I mean we sort of knew that.. The battery alone seems worth the tradeoff.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
huh? either the size of the 6 plus was what they needed in a phone and felt comfortable with or not. neither state which is better

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
The better battery life in the 6 Plus is a big, erm, plus in my book. Probably enough in and of itself to warrant buying the 6 Plus.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
Why is the battery life such a big issue? On my 5s I rarely, if ever, drain it without being able to charge it. There are chargers everywhere. Let's face it, the three reviews that came out tonight, so far, all said the 6s was big, cumbersome, the one review the guy said he overly large hands and it felt big to him. If your looking for an iPad mini replacement the 6s if your phone, if you want a "mobile" phone the 6 is the real deal. Lots of denial going on in these threads...

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Why is the battery life such a big issue? On my 5s I rarely, if ever, drain it without being able to charge it. There are chargers everywhere. Let's face it, the three reviews that came out tonight, so far, all said the 6s was big, cumbersome, the one review the guy said he overly large hands and it felt big to him. If your looking for an iPad mini replacement the 6s if your phone, if you want a "mobile" phone the 6 is the real deal. Lots of denial going on in these threads...

You are kidding, right? You are asking why battery life is a big issue on a cellular phone????

OMG.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009

That was what I gathered from all those reviews as well. It's. Big.

I'm not gaga over battery life either but I don't see what's up with their insane desire for thinness. It's thin enough. Make the battery larger.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
You are kidding, right? You are asking why battery life is a big issue on a cellular phone????

OMG.

I will simplify it for the weak minded...the battery difference between a 6 and 6s shouldn't be swaying people. The battery on the 5s is fine. Let me guess, you purchased a 6s and now after reading these awkward 6s reviews you are scrambling to justify it to yourself...LOL

----------

Yikes on the 6s review on macword....

and I fear that a lot of people are going to rush into buying one without having a sense of the scale of the thing.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I will simplify it for the weak minded...the battery difference between a 6 and 6s shouldn't be swaying people. The battery on the 5s is fine. Let me guess, you purchased a 6s and now after reading these awkward 6s reviews you are scrambling to justify it to yourself...LOL

For you, maybe. I guess your usage is indicative of everyone else's?

The arrogance is astounding.

Yes, I feel like justifying buying the faster phone with the sharper screen and more battery life. Oh why, oh why did I do that?

I know! Faster is better! Sharper is better! Longer battery life? BETTER! :p

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
california
Eh, it seems as though the 6 is just barely edging out the 6+ (e.g. "90" vs "87") and it's largely (heh) due to the screen size.

I wanted a jumbo phone so I'm not dissuaded. I feel I made the right choice after seeing the reviews!

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Seems like most reviewers prefer the 6 over the 6 plus has me rethinking my 6 plus purchase

No they don't haha. Did you read any? They don't like the size but say they ultimately choose the plus due to the screen beauty and battery . Also the plus is faster according to benchmarks

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
Gosh, what is it with this community..? I'm almost ashamed to even be a part of this, or any for that matter, iPhone release. I love this site, but some of the people inside it need to switch to android already.

OP, Switch then. I guess I could say that you should just give me your iPhone 6 plus, and you just might do it, if you're that easily persuaded...

Good luck.

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
what i got from them is that they are both amazing devices, and those with smaller hands may have difficulty getting used to the 6 Plus, but it should come with time.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
When apps are updated to fully accommodate that 5.5" screen w/ 1080p res... it's game over. Feeling much better about my purchase (not bashing the 6 either though, still looks freakin amazing). The Plus is going to be any content-lover's dream come true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.