After several days - Weather still not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GaresTaylan, May 8, 2015.

1. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Ive seen a few threads where people have been complaining about the weather app updating slowly. Has anyone had issues with it not working at all?

Ive changed the default city to my local city and tried to set it using my current location. On my phone the app has permission to use my location at all times. All other watch apps update fine.

After several days the app has still yet to ever display the weather. Works fine on the phone. If I launch the weather channel app on the watch it loads fine. I was hoping to use the weather widget on my watch faces.

If you have ran into this - what did you do to fix this? I haven't called apple yet.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Multiple times, as well as the phone. Tried with phone on WiFi and LTE. Troubleshooting 101 stuff has been completed.

4. fooyork macrumors newbie

This happened to me, too - in the end I removed the widget from the watch through the Apple Watch app on my iPhone, and then re-installed it. Worked fine from then on...

5. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

You're referring to the temperature in the weather complication of a watch face, correct? Does it only show a dash?

I recall a similar issue on an iPhone Notification center where the weather wouldn't display and the resolution then was to toggle off wifi and restart the native weather app (on the iPhone) to reselect the default location. Re-toggle wifi on.

Just throwing it out there, I'm sure it's frustrating!

6. Subdiv macrumors 6502

I've had my watch for a couple of days now, and I just noticed my temperature showing dashes. My iPhone was about 10 feet away, so not a bluetooth distance issue. I picked up the iPhone and opened the weather app...and suddenly the watch started showing the temperature again.

7. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

By this do you just mean disabling it in glances within the watch app then re-enabling? I have tried that. Just did it again - no dice.

Yes, just a dash. Ive done what you suggested several times.

8. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

9. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just did. I DID restore from backup as I wanted to keep track of my fitness data for the day and i spent awhile on my app layout.

Nada. Just noticed that Stocks never syncs, either. I guess the only option left is to set up as a new watch.

I called apple as well. They more or less told me "sounds like you need a new watch let us know if you want me to set up a RMA." Not what I was looking for at all - zero troubleshooting. They also said I would have to send the watch back first and could provide no timeframe on when I would get my replacement.

10. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

The troubleshooting probably equals all the things you've already done.

11. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, except they didn't ask me what Ive already done. :eek:

12. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Hmm. Why don't you call back and see if you can talk to someone else? Or, if you live close to an Apple store, set up a genius appointment.

I would unpair, reboot, then repair, if you haven't already.

13. NewScotland macrumors newbie

Had this happen yesterday. Tried all of the restarts, etc. and still wouldn't update the complication. What eventually worked for me was restarting the phone, restarting the watch, open weather app on phone, open Watch App on the phone, change default weather location to another location, then back to the current location. Then I went to the weather app on the watch to make sure that it was right, then within a few seconds, the complication updated with the temperature. I'm not sure if all of those steps were what fixed it, but that is what I did and it worked for me.

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've had this issue on and off over the last two days. It does clear up after a while and show the temperature but it hasn't been consistent.

----------

I tried to do that but there doesn't seem to be any way that I can see to change the default location. The only thing I can do is add another secondary location.

15. NewScotland macrumors newbie

In the weather app on phone you add more locations. In the watch app, you can change the default location to any of the weather app's locations.

16. wvayens macrumors newbie

I've given up on the weather app

Have had similar problems..the weather app is very slow to come up. And unfortunately you can't do anything else while it's "thinking".