After talking to Apple..don't hold your breath for any solution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jun 29, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

I was nice and polite, didn't demand for anything or a bumper. 1st dude told me to just hold the phone differently or buy a bumper/case. Said "All phones have areas on them that when touched will cause drop in signal"

Spoke with the manager and said there is nothing they can do other than advise to hold the phone without touching left corner or get a case/bumper. I expressed that I wasn't happy with that answer and she said she will document that I didn't agree with the solution they provided. She gave my a case # and we parted ways lol.

Both were nice but looks like Apple is taking the stance that "nothing is wrong" and I doubt they will fix anything. In the long run they might regret this decision/policy but only time will tell.

My gf was going to leave Spirit and come to Apple for the Iphone but not sure if she should now. If things get worse I might have to leave even though I don't want to.....

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

Unless you talk to an Apple Engineer who is working on the issue, anything that someone you talk to on the phone says is crap. Supervisor or not, they don't know what's going on with the problem. The engineers are probably still trying to figure out a resolution. Once it's done, they release an OS update to fix it.

3. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

What answer did you expect?

"You are not happy with that solution? Ok, please hold while a code up a firmware update to meet your expectations."

4. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't seem to be software issue my friend...sure they could cover it up some how by increasing frequency or making the bars not go down as easy etc...I'm no engineer though lol

5. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

6. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

This * infinity

7. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Telling customers that "all phones do that, don't touch the bottom left, buy a piece of rubber for $30 from us to fix the problem" is inappropriate to say the least. All I want to hear is "we are working on something to make the situation better"

Instead they basically say "nothing is wrong"...like I'm making things up lol

8. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

^ Fail

9. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I'm sure they will find a way to mask the issue by as you say not having the bars decrease. Bottom line that it's a hardware issue and there's nothing thats going to be done to fix it.

10. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Tell them that. Not us. WE DONT CARE.

11. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Then stop posting :rolleyes:

12. Jestered macrumors 6502

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so fast. If the baseband software is incorrectly jumping to the wrong frequency when held in that manner, a simple update to the baseband could fix the problem. Either way, if it is a hardware issue, trust me, Apple will modify the build and come out with a repair program for those of us that bought the bad hardware design. Apple has taken a hit in publicity by all of this and they're not gonna commit corporate suicide with their most popular device. At some point, we will get a software update to fix the problem, or we'll get a repair/replacement that resolves it. I'll simply wait for my bumper and be happy until one or the other happens.

13. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

I bet if they released a software update that makes the phone always show the maximum number of bars very few people would notice this reception issue. :rolleyes:

14. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

Hope you are right...you seem to know what you're talking about lol

15. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Please explain this idea some more - I'm interested. So, when my iPhone drops calls and data transfer stalls, as it does almost every time I try to use it (unless I rest it on a table), you think I'd be happy so long as the display showed five bars. Hmm. Yes maybe that would work.

16. alent1234 macrumors 603

like the 3G and 3GS?

17. Jestered macrumors 6502

Agreed. It all depends on how your signal is even holding the phone without touching the bottom. My brother lives in the city and even though he can get the bars to drop by touching the bottom, he never drops a call. I on the other hand, live just outside the city, and if I touch the bottom I always will drop the call. Sometimes I even get a "No Signal" message on my phone when holding it that way.

18. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Exactly this. When a patch comes down, those supervisors will know about it, until then they are reading off the script they are given. It means nothing long term, just a spiel to get you off the phone.

19. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

You from Austin man...Hook 'Em.

I'm in Houston now but moving to DFW in a month

20. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I haven't been here much in the past year, but started visiting again to read up on the new iPhone model. Does Macrumors have a new policy that all members must start a thread explaining how they have received the latest 'confirmed' gospel according to an Apple employee who is most-removed from the development process?

21. Jestered macrumors 6502

Yep, from and in Austin. Hook'em!

22. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

You lil apple fanboys are *******s for sure. No offense, i own alot of apple products and wouldn't hate for no reason. But someone saying "WE DONT CARE" while reading a thread about an issue is a dumass. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU READING THE THREAD THEN IF YOU DONT CARE SMARTASS.

listen genius what the guy you quoted said is perfectly simple and clear. He is not dissing your beloved apple but complaining about them not taking their mistake as men, but rather trying to cover it and make it sound like a non issue. If it was a non issue they can clearly state why, just like steve jobs did with a letter on adobe. its as simple as that. And im not asking for him to do it for everyone, but its clear that hundreds are fustrated by this issue, so action needs to be taken.

And if you don't like my comments, its simple, I DONT CARE

23. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

But we'd all be content to continue blaming the poor performance on AT&T's network as we've been doing all along. Perhaps the poor performance of previous generations wasn't as much AT&T's fault as we all would have believed, and with the iPhone 4 the issue is just more pronounced :)

24. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Holy balls you are putting words in my mouth. I dont care about the fact that he had a conversation with techsupport that provided absolutely no information whatsoever. There are like 4 threads a day starting with "I talked to a guy on the phone and..." Unless the guy on the phone was Steve, whatever follows is useless information.

And therefore, I DONT CARE.

25. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Go in again, bring your girlfriend's current phone as well as your iP4. When they tell you all phones lose signal if you hold them in certain places, challenge the guy to replicate the issue on the other phone, and show him that, as you hold it, the signal dosen't deteriorate.