ahh! macbook help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yaromaax, Feb 2, 2011.

1. yaromaax macrumors newbie

So lets just say that my macbook keys were smashed. not broken off just not working. from being smashed. im also a new poster first time on this website so please be nice. i currently have my macbook which has only bin owned for about 2 months. i started the problem from warter. but not spills. mr clean magic eraser water and then made a problem with the f and the k being stuck some houw. (kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk) (ffffffffffffff) then that night it wouldnt stop so i hit the keyboard a bunch. now its in the shop and hopefully getting fixed. will they see the water? and can they tell its smashed? its under 90 day service and 1 year warranty. god help me.

2. wpotere Guest

It is a good possibility that they will see it and charge you do fix it. If you spilled fluid on it, there is a possibility that you tripped the liquid sensors. If they are tripped Apple won't help you and you will have to pay. Good luck, take better care next time.

3. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

how much would repares be? they played with it when i was there

4. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

also its bin doing some stuff out of the box when i got it. i didnt mention i broke it i just said it stopped working.

5. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

only 4 of the macbook keys arent wroking.

6. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

how much is it to repair 4 macbook keys.. ( unique problem )

my keys didnt fall off. there smashed. nothing poped off just smashed and not working. aslo have gotten alittle wet. not a spill but from cleaning.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

How are we suppose to tell you whether or not the people will notice damage on the keyboard or not?

8. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

how much would repairs be ( 4 keys )

9. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

well if its a unibody model you probably have to pay more than 100$ because they cant change 1 key only, they have to change the whole keyboard and maybe the case.

10. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

why cant they?

11. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Because the keyboard is all one unit. the specific keys are just basically covers. and if the keys aren't working, replacing the covers does nothing. You have to fix the underlying issue, which is the keyboard, as a unit.

12. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

The unibody and pre-unibody models use, essentially, the same keyboard, I believe.

13. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

i have the recipt. 0 dollars. they fixing it. and hell. its only 4 keys why would that be the whole unit? i think they can figure out somthing. maybe the keys are just messed up and just replaceable?

14. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

can they charge me even after they gave me a receipt? (0$)

my macbooks 2 months old everything perfect. so a whole knew keyboard replacement eh? they cover me for that right?

15. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

You keep asking us things we can't possibly know. If they gave you a receipt, you'll pay what's on the receipt. In your case, nothing. The keyboard is a single unit, so they can't replace just four keys. It's like, if you had a baseball bat and broke part of it, you can't just replace that part.

16. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

okay. new question. the parts are being sent down now and are gonna be at the store tomorrow. could there be more harm then just the keyboard causing it not to work

17. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Yes, there could be. But the chances are probably very slim. And if they're covering this damage under warranty, I'm sure they'll cover other stuff too.

18. yaromaax thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, thansk fro being so nice about it. but they only ordered parts needed but i bet hey have extras laying around or somthing. but im not going to worry. sorry for lack of knowledge about the externals of mac. i came form windows and new only about processors and harddrives and all. thanks for being so nice and support everyone