iPad Air 2. Wow battery life but so weird too!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Racineur, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Racineur macrumors regular

Racineur

Hello to you all, please have a look at the pic and tell me I'm wrong to see something strange. I'm not actually worried but these numbers are so weird. How could I have used my iPad almost 100% of the time it was on? Could it be this? But I doubt it. Four days ago I charged my iPad with the wall unit up to 100%. When it was 98%, I plugged my iPad in (USB) my iMac to make a backup and install an app that I had DL from the iTunes store. Took 2 minutes max. Anyhow, iOS 9.2.1 does a great job. No complaint.
    Thanks
    Battery_usageIP.jpg

2. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

An app must have been running in background, I would turn off background app refresh in the General settings and see if that has any effect on these weird numbers.

3. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Tap that clock next to the 24hr/7 day toggles and it should tell you time for screen on usage and background usage.

4. Racineur thread starter macrumors regular

Racineur

After a full charge, the indications were as usual. I can't think of anything that could have happened. An app running in the background is possible. But I denied all background activity from the very first day I had my iPad (December). Glitch maybe?

5. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

I had this exact strange thing happen on my new iPad Air 2 the other day, it claimed Stand By of just over 8hours and the same usage even though I had only used it for about an hour before having to leave it at home to attend family function.

6. pika2000 macrumors 68030

It happened to my 6S as well. For me, it was Safari being the number one app using the most power. I disabled Safari's iCloud syncing and now the usage and stand-by time look a bit more normal (stand-by being longer than usage)