Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lista

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
Hey !

I'm french so i'm sorry for my poor english...
I just saw that my iPad Air have a "light leak"...
And you, do you have this problem also ?

So so bad...

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I have very feint light leak which is normal. Nothing like previous iPads that's I had to return and return. I do have that slight band hong down the left side, hoping it disappears with use.

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I checked mine this afternoon, turned all the lights out and mine is perfect.

Lista

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
thank you for your feedback. it is not normal that this problem still exists. I'll sent you a picture

wmitch

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Iowa, USA
I checked mine this afternoon, turned all the lights out and mine is perfect.

I've never checked for this before with my old iPad so I guess I'm not sure what "normal" should look like. Would you be willing to post a pic?

Here is mine. It looks worse in the photo than in real life but is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 417

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
You need to return it. That's horrible.

----------

Just checked mine and no light bleed. To be honest, if it was something I only noticed with a black background and all the lights off I personally won't be concerned. If it's noticed during normal use, then it's an issue.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I've never checked for this before with my old iPad so I guess I'm not sure what "normal" should look like. Would you be willing to post a pic?

Here is mine. It looks worse in the photo than in real life but is this normal?

Try watching a movie or tv in a dark room, if annoying return. How can they not get this right after 5 goes, 6 counting mini.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Bonjour Lista, un bilingue à ta rescousse! ;)
Je te conseille vivement de prendre un RDV avec un Genius aussi rapidement que possible, pendant que les Apple Stores ont encore des stocks à leur disposition. Ils ne t'embêteront pas, et te donneront très probablement une nouvelle unité! :)

Bonne chance à toi, et tiens nous au courant! :D

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I have very feint light leak which is normal. Nothing like previous iPads that's I had to return and return. I do have that slight band hong down the left side, hoping it disappears with use.

Nevermind. I was actually judging it prematurely in the car with the plastic still on. :p

It has zero banding along the left side have ran a series of color pattern tests and all is good. It's actually probably the most uniform screen I've had on an iPad the black pops even on full brightness in a dark room. Slight bleed if any at all.

----------

Sorry to see that, i am holding off buying after seeing that. I just returned a iPad 4 for the same issue and the new one is better but not perfect.

Swap it or get a refund.

Any heat on the back?
Don't be scared off mine is great. To the poster who posted that take it back ASAP that's really unacceptable. Sorry about that and good luck next time.

Lista

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
Bonjour Lista, un bilingue à ta rescousse! ;)
Je te conseille vivement de prendre un RDV avec un Genius aussi rapidement que possible, pendant que les Apple Stores ont encore des stocks à leur disposition. Ils ne t'embêteront pas, et te donneront très probablement une nouvelle unité! :)

Bonne chance à toi, et tiens nous au courant! :D

Ah super :).

Merci pour te réponse ! J'ai un RDV pour vendredi prochain... Ici les Apple Store sont très pris surtout avec les nouveaux produits en ce moment.

Je suis déçu que ce problème existe encore ! Parmis tous les produits Apple je crois que j'ai toujours eu un problème ! C'est désespérant !

Et je ne peux pas tolérer ce genre de problème.

Thank all :)

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Ah super :).

Merci pour te réponse ! J'ai un RDV pour vendredi prochain... Ici les Apple Store sont très pris surtout avec les nouveaux produits en ce moment.

Je suis déçu que ce problème existe encore ! Parmis tous les produits Apple je crois que j'ai toujours eu un problème ! C'est désespérant !

Et je ne peux pas tolérer ce genre de problème.

Thank all :)

O 'bien lorsque vous aurez réglé tout sera bon :)

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I have one tiny spot that can only be seen on full brightness with a pure black screen and only then barely can it be seen, can't see it at all under normal movie watching conditions.

If you look hard enough you find problems, just enjoy this great device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.