Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wlossw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I just picked up a pair of Airpods at my local apple store (there were lots in stock in montreal)..

All I can say is wow.

The sound is surprisingly good. I'm particularly impressed with the low end and how loud they can go. They are so much better than my previous Bluetooth earbuds, even after I added comply foam tips to those. I actually like the fact that they aren't completely isolating, as I found the vacuum seal with other headphones a bit disorienting.

They are extremely comfortable, even more so than the earpods. Fit is great in my ears and they don't fall out.

Pairing and switching between my 7plus and 2012 rmbr and 2016 rmb has been an amazing experience.

I haven't had them long enough to speak to durability, but they feel well made and sturdy from first use.

Some concerns I will be keeping an eye out for:

Battery life of airpods and case (haven't had them long enough to form a complete opinion but they do charge very quickly).

I'm also concerned by how easy they are to clean. Whenever I used earpods in the past they would gradually fill up with ear wax and gunk and the sound quality would deteriorate requiring thorough cleaning.

How do they stand up to sweat/water in occasional workout use?

Anyway, I just wanted to post this as a hearty endorsement for anyone on the fence about getting a pair: Airpods are great and really good in many of the aspects I was worried they would not perform well in.

Reactions: ulinerg

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I just picked up a pair of Airpods at my local apple store (there were lots in stock in montreal)..

All I can say is wow.

The sound is surprisingly good. I'm particularly impressed with the low end and how loud they can go. They are so much better than my previous Bluetooth earbuds, even after I added comply foam tips to those. I actually like the fact that they aren't completely isolating, as I found the vacuum seal with other headphones a bit disorienting.

They are extremely comfortable, even more so than the earpods. Fit is great in my ears and they don't fall out.

Pairing and switching between my 7plus and 2012 rmbr and 2016 rmb has been an amazing experience.

I haven't had them long enough to speak to durability, but they feel well made and sturdy from first use.

Some concerns I will be keeping an eye out for:

Battery life of airpods and case (haven't had them long enough to form a complete opinion but they do charge very quickly).

I'm also concerned by how easy they are to clean. Whenever I used earpods in the past they would gradually fill up with ear wax and gunk and the sound quality would deteriorate requiring thorough cleaning.

How do they stand up to sweat/water in occasional workout use?

Anyway, I just wanted to post this as a hearty endorsement for anyone on the fence about getting a pair: Airpods are great and really good in many of the aspects I was worried they would not perform well in.

Clearly you're the firs to millions who bought them to review them on this site. Thanks for starting a new thread instead of posting in the dozen or ten dozen other threads discussing the exact same first impressions you started anew for.

Reactions: jbachandouris

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
Are there enough in stock in Montreal that I would I be able to pick up a pair on Saturday?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
They are great if they work out for an individual BUT they are just like every other headphones/earbuds on the market, they all have CONCESSIONS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.