AirPlay is a disaster...

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by lewisd25, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lewisd25, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016

lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I like to use AirPlay to watch Twitch and Plex on my Apple TV....but AirPlay is in mirror mode by default now. Is this intentional? Is the old AirPlay gone?

Edit: apparently we now have to select the specific target device in the music section of the control panel. So rediculous.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

See, that's not what a beta is for.

3. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Just realised this myself, the new way of doing it is terrible. The fact that it's a beta is irrelevant, this isn't a bug, it's how they've designed it to work now. Hopefully enough feedback will persuade them to revert to the previous way.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

AirPlay on card 1 of CC is for mirroring. AirPlay on card 2 of CC is for audio only.

5. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

Well that's a very stupid design then and I hope it changes...

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

How is that stupid? Audio Airplay is with the Music controls....why would audio AirPlay be anywhere else other than WITH where you control the audio?

7. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Part of the problem is the (somewhat small) set of apps that don't expose their own AirPlay control and expect you to use the CC control to enable it for video playback. I'm not really a fan of this approach of making users remember which part of the control panel controls which part of AirPlay. At worst, it should really just expose the same ability in multiple places, if they have to keep access "local" to related functionality.

8. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

Thank you Krevnik.