Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
I like to use AirPlay to watch Twitch and Plex on my Apple TV....but AirPlay is in mirror mode by default now. Is this intentional? Is the old AirPlay gone?

Edit: apparently we now have to select the specific target device in the music section of the control panel. So rediculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: matrix07

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I like to use AirPlay to watch Twitch and Plex on my Apple TV....but AirPlay is in mirror mode by default now. Is this intentional? Is the old AirPlay gone?

Edit: apparently we now have to select the specific target device in the music section of the control panel. So rediculous.
See, that's not what a beta is for.

Reactions: TurboPGT!

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Just realised this myself, the new way of doing it is terrible. The fact that it's a beta is irrelevant, this isn't a bug, it's how they've designed it to work now. Hopefully enough feedback will persuade them to revert to the previous way.

Reactions: matrix07

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

AirPlay on card 1 of CC is for mirroring. AirPlay on card 2 of CC is for audio only.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
How is that stupid? Audio Airplay is with the Music controls....why would audio AirPlay be anywhere else other than WITH where you control the audio?

Part of the problem is the (somewhat small) set of apps that don't expose their own AirPlay control and expect you to use the CC control to enable it for video playback. I'm not really a fan of this approach of making users remember which part of the control panel controls which part of AirPlay. At worst, it should really just expose the same ability in multiple places, if they have to keep access "local" to related functionality.

Reactions: Strutten

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Part of the problem is the (somewhat small) set of apps that don't expose their own AirPlay control and expect you to use the CC control to enable it for video playback. I'm not really a fan of this approach of making users remember which part of the control panel controls which part of AirPlay. At worst, it should really just expose the same ability in multiple places, if they have to keep access "local" to related functionality.

Thank you Krevnik.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.