Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Denoloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm an incredibly lucky guy... Got my Airpods today and after seconds of listening my Right Airpod stoped working just like that. I've tried really everything, searched the whole Internet but it seems no one has this kind of problem. So I'm thinking it's a manufacture problem but if that's the case, why on earth did they work at the beginning?
Any ideas?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2015
...I've tried really everything, searched the whole Internet but it seems no one has this kind of problem. So I'm thinking it's a manufacture problem but if that's the case, why on earth did they work at the beginning?
Any ideas?

What all did you try? Did you hold the button on the case until it reset? Un-pair them, etc? In my experience, manufacturing issues can indeed cause failures very early on after the item appears to be fine initially.

Mine was doing the same .. just returned it and ordered a new pair..

Wouldn't Apple tech support deliver a new pair faster than you could get them yourself?

Denoloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2016
What all did you try? Did you hold the button on the case until it reset? Un-pair them, etc? In my experience, manufacturing issues can indeed cause failures very early on after the item appears to be fine initially.

I did hold it for almost a minute. When I paired them again it only showed the left one and an exclamation point in red near the right one, meaning there is no detection of it at all. Tried with non Apple products, same story. I'm visiting an APR tomorrow.

Scoop24

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
New York

Wouldn't Apple tech support deliver a new pair faster than you could get them yourself?
Well I thought of the item was sold out they couldn't exchange it ?.. so I just order a pair through ATT hopefully it comes next week .. returned my other pair back to Verizon .. my right EarPod kept on disconnecting .. it was frustrating me ..

teidon

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
I did hold it for almost a minute. When I paired them again it only showed the left one and an exclamation point in red near the right one, meaning there is no detection of it at all. Tried with non Apple products, same story. I'm visiting an APR tomorrow.
You could try taking the right one out of case and let it's battery drain. Try to put it back to the case some time tomorrow or so and see if it works.

Reactions: Denoloco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.