Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhalsey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2021
Yesterday my AirPod Pros updated to the newest firmware 4A400, so now I can utilize the Find My app to locate the AirPods if they were left behind. The only problem is that I'm getting the left behind notifications on my iPhone 13 Pro (running IOS 15.0.1) and my Apple Watch 6 every time I leave home without my AirPods. I set up an exclusion for my home address in the Find My app, so I thought that would prevent getting the notifications for that location, but I still receive them. So then I expanded the exclusion zone to be within 1000 feet of my home, but I again got a notification when I went to the store. I then tried extending it up to 1 mile from my home, but still getting the notifications every time I leave.

Has anyone else successfully created an exclusion location to avoid this every time you leave your house without the AirPods?

Reactions: xenoako

blueeyes2die4

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2018
Yonkers,NY to San Antonio,TX
Yesterday my AirPod Pros updated to the newest firmware 4A400, so now I can utilize the Find My app to locate the AirPods if they were left behind. The only problem is that I'm getting the left behind notifications on my iPhone 13 Pro (running IOS 15.0.1) and my Apple Watch 6 every time I leave home without my AirPods. I set up an exclusion for my home address in the Find My app, so I thought that would prevent getting the notifications for that location, but I still receive them. So then I expanded the exclusion zone to be within 1000 feet of my home, but I again got a notification when I went to the store. I then tried extending it up to 1 mile from my home, but still getting the notifications every time I leave.

Has anyone else successfully created an exclusion location to avoid this every time you leave your house without the AirPods?
Same here. Hopefully its fixed soon along with all the other hundreds of issues with ios lately.

Reactions: jhalsey

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I'm getting notifications that I left my pros at work once I leave to go home. However, my pros are in my pocket the whole time and never more than a few feet away from my iPhone 12.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Ok this one is getting annoying. Any solution? I’ve tried turning it off and adding my address as a location to be excluded. Neither works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.