AirPod Release Date speculation

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wnxgenral, Sep 27, 2016.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

Has anyone heard anything about when in October the AirPods would become available? Who is planning to purchase them?

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I don't know the release date. I'm interested in seeing more reviews. I like the idea, and the price for good quality bluetooth earbuds isn't bad (especially when compared to Bragi Dash).

I have cheapy bluetooth earbuds I use for running and I'm not afraid to sweat on them. The Apple pair... if I do get them, it'll be for phone calls and audiobooks/music during my commute most likely.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

My guesstimate is sometime around the third week in October. I will certainly be purchasing them. I feel they will sell out fast and it will be hard to find a set of these during the upcoming holidays. Their not the most appealing, but I'm confident in the quality I will be receiving. Apple is definitely investing in the Airpods, being this was their reasoning for deleting the 3.5 Jack.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Late October is what Apple said.

If history is any indication it means the last few days and maybe even November

5. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

Last week of October during a Mac update release/event.

Probably be really tough to get, similar to Apple Pencil

6. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I like the idea as well but talk about hideous design. The early reviews say they sound like the headphones included with the iPhone aka terrible.

I'll probably do Powerbeats 3. At least those sound slightly above average.

7. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I was thinking something like the 14-20th and then customers will be getting them around halloween and into November.
    Likely to be a hot commodity to people who upgrade phones around Christmas time as well, like selling in pair.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Like others said, they will probably be really hard to get. Another device you need to wake up at midnight for if you want.

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I saw a Jet Black version of the AirPods online and they looked really dope. The white case looks like a dental floss package, while the Jet Black look incredible cool. I hope they do come with the Jet Black pair, I'd buy those just for how badass they look Lol

10. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Jet black was just a mockup. An awesome mockup for sure, but Apple never released or leaked them in black.

Apologies if you already knew this.

11. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

Its inevitable that a black Airpods version will be available.

Hopefully, sooner than later.

I suspect it's all about the Apple branding to have a white version at this time.

12. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

That's what I fear.

13. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I didn't, thank you. Too bad, as they would match the black iPhones perfectly. What is it with Apple and their obsession with white?

14. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I am waiting with eagerness for them and the color will go nicely with my silver 7 plus. Not sure if Apple will announce a pre-order date very shortly or whether they will just quietly appear on the Apple Store.
    Hopfully there will be plenty of stock for an in-store pick up

15. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

I'm likely to buy them when they come out (yay, birthday for me). If they do come out in black, I will buy them again and give the white ones to sister or wife.

16. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

17. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I'm buying them as soon as they are available. I wonder if they will be available for preorder and through the regular channels, i.e. online (also for store pickup) and in store purchase obviously?

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

I wouldn't be surprised if they release them in black sooner or later judging by how popular the black iphone 7's have been.

Personally I will stick with my over the ear Senheiser Momemtum's. I can't seem to get along with in ear ear bud type headphones unfortunately.

19. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502a

I disagree. Because EarPods do not come in black. Nor do almost any Apple accessories.

Black goes unnoticed more often than white.

20. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Release day is the first day I have them. :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    No preorder for me, it will just be like the iPhone 7 where people are waiting for theirs and walkins just show up and get one before them. :)

21. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Didn't stop the new black iPhone colors to be the best selling of all this year. I think they use too much white. Boring to me. How about some color? I think people are over Apple White. At least I am.

22. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

Yes, true.

That has been true until now.

Technology is peaking and now the colors will start to come out.

Different color combinations will help those undecided about the Airpods to step out more.

Wouldn't women want more colors for earpieces that are functional & could pass as earrings?

23. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502a

I'd like things in black as well. But the iPhone started black. I don't see them changing soon, but would embrace it.

24. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Black would be welcome. Remember the original Apple Bluetooth headset for the gen 1 iPhone? The was black and it was gorgeous.

25. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

I had one of those, and it was gorgeous.

I'm buying the AirPods to try them out, hopefully the sound is there. And I'll buy them in black if they ever offer them.