iPhone Airpods battery check by opening their charge case unreliable?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by illjazz, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. illjazz macrumors regular

Holding the AirPods charging case close to an iPhone and opening it will pop up a sheet from the bottom and show you the battery charge of both the case and the individual AirPods. Is this unreliable for anyone else? Seems it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t and there is no discernible logic to it that I can make out.

Has this behavior been analyzed anywhere in detail?

2. ad931 macrumors regular

ad931

I have the same "issue", happens 2/10 but it doesnt bother me. what is weird is that I have "auto ear detection" enabled but the left AirPod sometimes needs three attempts to connect whereas the right AirPod connects instantaneously. Also strange is that answering a 2nd call that was on hold, neither AirPod ever connects

3. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

The case itself does not have Bluetooth. At least one airpod must remain to get the pop up. Also the battery widget seems to report faster than the pop up.

4. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Yeah it does not always pop up for me either. I havent found the culprit yet nor how to fix it

5. almostinsane macrumors regular

I have the same issues with two different sets of Airpods.

6. Applenoob34 macrumors 6502

I’ve always had it come up but sometimes it take awhile longer. Maybe 15 seconds or so. Long enough to make most people just close the case and re open it a few times lol.

7. big samm macrumors 65816

I have the same problem, sometimes i have to close and reopen the lid several times, very annoying.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I’ve noticed that I only have the problem when an App is open on my phone. If I am on the home screen, it works 100% of the time.

9. Freshjs59 macrumors newbie

pulling up that menu has always been inconsistent for me (even in ios 10), but i feel connectivity in general with the airpods have gotten worse in ios 11

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've experienced the same thing since I got mine when they first came out. I've even had the case replaced by Apple because it wasn't showing up as it should. It didn't help.