AirPods Pro Lack of Bass

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Haha, I know that track! Isn't 3:27 where the tank or whatever comes in? Haven't seen that movie in ages, but yeah - I think it peaks at 31Hz. I can check it within the next day or two!
Bump!

I’m curious to know how deep that bass is, mavis!
😏

It really feels like the roof is collapsing around me.

anthony13

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
2C54 has considerably less bass in my opinion. I know the reports suggested that it had more bass, but I have found it lacking. I typically use Latin EQ, as it pushes the low end with with out pushing the low mids. That said, compared to the original AirPods, I think the pro’s have much more bass regardless of 2c54.

John dosh

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2019
Yeah since the firmware update bass has taken a massive hit. No longer is it thumping and booming it’s just not there anymore. Everything has taken a massive hit. Really is a shame because before the update sound was amazing and everything was working so good. Quicker they go back to the last firmware the better.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Bump!

I’m curious to know how deep that bass is, mavis!
😏

It really feels like the roof is collapsing around me.
Hey man! Apologies for the incredibly late reply - today was the first time I actually had time to do this.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 10.06.07.png

So, that's the analysis about 10-20 seconds after the rumble starts (this track from the Dark Knight soundtrack, in case anyone missed it). You can see that it peaks at about 35Hz, but look at the fairly gentle roll-off on either side -it's got a fair amount of impact down around 20Hz (and lower), it looks like! Definitely a good track to test a sub.

Reactions: Antgb84

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Hey man! Apologies for the incredibly late reply - today was the first time I actually had time to do this.

View attachment 893223

So, that's the analysis about 10-20 seconds after the rumble starts (this track from the Dark Knight soundtrack, in case anyone missed it). You can see that it peaks at about 35Hz, but look at the fairly gentle roll-off on either side -it's got a fair amount of impact down around 20Hz (and lower), it looks like! Definitely a good track to test a sub.
Oh 💥. 20Hz! I’m not shocked by that. I was shocked when I first heard it though!

Thanks, Mavis. I wonder which track on Apple Music has the lowest bass. 🔊