Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
There‘s no doubt of the clean bass these things are capable of. If they fit well, they’ll deliver in spades...

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I don't hear that much bass in mine either, but I don't blame the AirPods for that. My hearing could be slipping.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
I don't hear that much bass in mine either, but I don't blame the AirPods for that. My hearing could be slipping.

That could almost be a parody of an Apple fan. Almost.

Your hearing isn't slipping. It's more that most (predictably younger) people equate quantity of bass to quality - and th APP's are light on bass, though they are capable of rendering it.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
That could almost be a parody of an Apple fan. Almost.

Your hearing isn't slipping. It's more that most (predictably younger) people equate quantity of bass to quality - and th APP's are light on bass, though they are capable of rendering it.

It's not just AirPods. A lot of people on here and in the real world complain about too much bass in Beats, for example. I think it's perfectly fine. Who knows?

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Just got two replacement AirPod Pros as the mics failed and it is like night and day. The bass is soo much richer and stands up against the mid and high frequencies. I don’t know if it helps I didn’t put my foam ear tips in and used the ones I came with but I don’t think so as I did that when I first got then. It also says that they are good seals which it never did.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Exactly, if you'd compared like for like you'd notice no differnce

The foam ones were put on because the original ones lacked bass. The foam ones gave much better bass response and yes I did put the OEMs back on the old ones and they weren’t as good as the new ones.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I haven’t used my old 1st gen AirPods in a long time until today and compared to my Pro, the bass on the 1st gen is miles ahead. Each has their advantages I guess. I also like that u can’t feel the normal AirPods. I kept checking to make sure they r still in my ears lol almost wonder why I bought the Pro now (I know why, the battery was slowly turning to crap)

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2017
Had same issue. Seal was perfect-no bass. Non-pro Airpods have much more bass for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.