Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Aug 30, 2022
I have mixed feelings about the mics of the APP2 in relation to making a phone call using the mics. Sometimes it works like a charm and sometimes it’s a horrible experience. I think it depends on how noisy the environment is where you’re at. Still happy with them, nonetheless.

Phwoar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
I have mixed feelings about the mics of the APP2 in relation to making a phone call using the mics. Sometimes it works like a charm and sometimes it’s a horrible experience. I think it depends on how noisy the environment is where you’re at. Still happy with them, nonetheless.
Yes agree with you on the mixed feelings - I mean the music audio quality from the headphones on my APP is super good, good range of tones and crystal clear.

It’s the microphones that make APP (and APP2 it seems) a mixed feeling item to use. I pick mine up before going to work, at the same time as I pick my wired EarPods up too. Seems silly, but I have to have both with me at all times for calls.

rlinq

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2023
I have exactly the same problem. The Genius Bar exchanged by AirPod Pros twice but they are stumped. They suggested it must be my phone (iPhone 12), but when I bought a new iPhone 14 pro, I had the same problem. I watched videos and tried resets, cleaning, etc. Nothing helps. It happens in a quiet indoor environment as well as outdoors. My old AidPods do not have this problem. I tried changing various settings, forgetting the device, and all of myios and firmware are up to date. Apple support on the phone had no answers, either. There is one additional problem, if I have the AirPods Pro in my ears, for example listing to an audible book, and someone calls me, they cannot hear me, and when I remove the AirPods from my ears and switch the phone to speaker or regular, they phone automatically jumps back to the AirPods. The only solution is to put the buds into the case -- all of which is happening when the person on the other end has no idea what is going on or even if I am there. I asked Apple support if I could just get a refund and, as one responder said, get on with my life - but the answer was "no." So, some have this problem and some do not, but for those who do it is beyond annoying and reflects badly on Apple (all of my computer stuff is and pretty much always has been Apple, so generally I am a devoted customer). Denigrating those who have the problem and think it is scandalous, is not helpful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.