Airpods quick switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by caligurl, Jan 18, 2017.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I'm I missing something? Or do I totally misunderstand what it means that they airpods are supposed to quick switch?

I thought it meant that they would connect to whichever device (either iphone or ipad) that I am using... but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have to go into settings and Bluetooth and switch from whichever one I want to use. Is me set up wrong? Or is this how they are meant to work (and what's so "quick" about it, iv that's the way they work?)

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

They switch seamlessly between iPhone and Apple Watch. But for other devices, you do need to manually switch - however... you don't need to go to Bluetooth settings to switch.

On iOS:
    1. Open Control Center by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.
    2. Swipe from right to left to control audio.
    3. Tap [​IMG], then choose AirPods from the list.

On macOS:
    • Click [​IMG] in the menu bar and choose your AirPods or other speakers under Output Device.
    If the volume icon isn't showing, enable it in the Sound pane in System Preferences.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207010

3. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

Oh that's AWESOME to know!! Thank you! (still woulda liked to not have to do it... but that does make it easier!)

And I just tested it out.... they can be connected to my ipad but if I get a call/am on a call.... I can switch like you showed me and now on the phone call!

p.s..... not at home to play around with it.... but assume to hook back up to apple TV I still have to go into ATV settings? but will I use the same swipe up method to get it back to ipad or iphone?

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Assuming you have a fourth generation Apple TV, that is correct. AirPods don't work with older generations.

5. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

Yes...

we've just been going into settings to connect it back again to one of the ATVs... just wondering if there was a short cut like you just told me about for the phone/ipad. At least it's easier to get back to the phone or ipad now!