Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eonone

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2011
If I get mine on Friday then I'll be posting as such Friday.

The question is how much will you spend stewing about it until you get yours six weeks later : )

Its not about stewing, its just is there any way around ordering from Amazon and sending my Apple ones back Amazon, will it matter, serial number wise etc?

Dcfc1884

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2016
Its not about stewing, its just is there any way around ordering from Amazon and sending my Apple ones back Amazon, will it matter, serial number wise etc?

Yes it does matter. Doing such a thing would be fraud regardless of if you get caught or not.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Resellers are clearing house with in-store stock :/

FWIW Apple (and I'm sure Amazon), scan out the serial numbers for AirPods when they're sold, and the same for returns. They'll know immediately.

Also, in-store stock is improving from what I can see but you need to mostly be lucky. Resellers are sniffing around every morning and are clearing house as soon as they discover stock.

bladelores

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2017
Just had this email off Amazon.

Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel your order for "Apple In-Ear Bluetooth AirPods - White", as this item has been discontinued. You haven't been charged for this item.

Dcfc1884

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2016
Just had this email off Amazon.

Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel your order for "Apple In-Ear Bluetooth AirPods - White", as this item has been discontinued. You haven't been charged for this item.

As have I. The wankers

tomislavf

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
They're still on Amazon Spain with a 10/2 release date. So if you don't mind the shipping use Google Translator to put in an order and we'll see if they cancel that as well or it actually ships tomorrow.

Dcfc1884

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2016
As have I. The wankers

Complained to Amazon and got the following reply

In this case, I’ve now contacted the relevant team here and they confirmed that the item was being discontinued by the manufacturer and hence all the orders placed by customers for this item has been cancelled immediately today.

Please be informed that we source the item directly from Apple and there wasn’t any intermediate between Amazon and Apple for this item and hence the information seems to be genuine

Huh? I can still order the AirPods via apples website

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009

In this case, I’ve now contacted the relevant team here and they confirmed that the item was being discontinued by the manufacturer and hence all the orders placed by customers for this item has been cancelled immediately today.

Please be informed that we source the item directly from Apple and there wasn’t any intermediate between Amazon and Apple for this item and hence the information seems to be genuine

This is very confusing. Have apple stopped selling to third parties?

bladelores

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2017
They're still on Amazon Spain with a 10/2 release date. So if you don't mind the shipping use Google Translator to put in an order and we'll see if they cancel that as well or it actually ships tomorrow.

Order placed, we'll see what happens now.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

So Apple have discontinued the airpods? I think not. They still have them available to order on their website and are still getting stock daily to pick up in store. Amazon are telling porkie pies.

Last edited:

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Pick-up stock is NOT the store stock.

If you miss a pick up by a few minutes, going in store will surely allow you to buy it depending how fast you get there.
If you're not after one of the busiest stores, some may still have stock from yesterday big wave.

Trying to call them is also an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.